Silent Spinner

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still looking for a wheel big enough for the largest boys - there is only one agouti in this wheel, and it's just too small for him
DSCN1659.JPG

I have a 15 inch free standing wheel.
It is suposed to be a hamster cage ... would make a horrible cage but it is a great rattie wheel. It even has a litter box under the wire grid of the wheel :)

I have a silent spinner, and all my girls are wheel runners! 3 of them will get in it at once to run...it's funny!

Those wodent wheels bother me for some reason?

I think it is because they have those holes...my rats would try to jump in it...and I can see it now....*rat butt circling* LOL\

I love the silent spinner though, and I would not change it for the world!

Any tricks for getting the cuties to actually USE the wheel? Apparently our wheel is terrifying as the girls refuse to go near it. :shock:
My husband concocted a brilliant device with wire and a bit of treat to get them to get in it so they had to walk on it to try and get the treat (think donkey with a carrot). It worked on Binx til she realized the treat was just out of reach and she went to pout. Molly took one look at it, jumped up from the outside, pulled the wire down, ate the treat, and walked away.
Sooooo, any thoughts?

When I had rats that were scared of the wheel, I realized nothing would get them to use it even if I tried to coax them. But one day, they just hopped on and started running. Rats are silly. :lol:

SQ said:
With tax, around here a Silent spinner is about $42, or was it $46?

I just sw this...OMG! Where do you live where they are THAT expensive?? I go to petsmart after printing out a price match from somewhere, and so far the cheapest I found was from here http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/store/pr ... hp?id=2282

There was another place that was like $1 more...

Do you have petsmart?

The only thing that bothers me with the SS is that gap between the two peices... Furry toes can get caught in it. But that can be fixed with a little silicone.

Personally, I LOVE my Silent Spinners! I think they're the best wheels out there; not to mention the fact that they're CUTE! :D

Has anyones spinner fell apart? It was the first wheel I bought and it would always spin off the stand and I would end up with a trapped rat for who knows how long. I have a wobust wheel now, it is okay but I hate having to clean it out every night and morning, dirty girls like to poop and run at the same time. Do you have that problem with the spinner or does it clean its self out while they run? I need a new wheel and might try another spinner maybe the one I had was just defective.

There is also a screw in the back under the yellow cap that can be tightened.

The silent spinner even if it does get dirty is much easier to do a quick wipe out than I imagine the Wobust would be.

Back