Sick, Stray Kitty Help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vet told me he is 4-5 weeks old and too young for flea meds. He needs to be at least 8 weeks old. But, the nurse said 7-8 weeks.... he only weighed 1.3 lbs on Saturday but probably weighs more now.

Kayla said:
He's adorable. :heart: He looks old enough to use revolution on him. Our vet doses our rescue kittens when they get their first shots. I would weigh him just to be sure though.

We've had many kittens come into rescue much smaller than they should be for their age due to malnutrition. His weight is an important factor for meds, but I wouldn't worry about it otherwise.

:threadjacked: We kept one of the kittens we rescued that looked much worse off than this guy, and he's healthy. I wish I had pictures of them when they first came in though. Their heads were way too big for their tiny bodies because they weren't being given food or water when they were old enough to be almost completely weened. The people that had them for some reason thought that the mother could take care of them (at 6 weeks of age) alone while they went on vacation. :redhot:

Kayla said:
We've had many kittens come into rescue much smaller than they should be for their age due to malnutrition. His weight is an important factor for meds, but I wouldn't worry about it otherwise.

:threadjacked: We kept one of the kittens we rescued that looked much worse off than this guy, and he's healthy. I wish I had pictures of them when they first came in though. Their heads were way too big for their tiny bodies because they weren't being given food or water when they were old enough to be almost completely weened. The people that had them for some reason thought that the mother could take care of them (at 6 weeks of age) alone while they went on vacation. :redhot:
Wow, that is ridiculous!

Back