Sick little girl...can't stand up.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whirlytwirly

Luckee is approx 18months-2years old. She developed sniffles a couple of days ago and I started her on baytril as she was losing weight and looking lethargic.

This arvo I found her curled in a ball unable to stand up on her own. She's clubbing her front paws. She can move them though. She can also move her back legs fine she just doesn't seem to be able to put it all together. She's still "here" I can see it in her eyes. She'll also eagerly drink and eat from a syringe....poor little mite was eating her towel in her cage as I suspect it was all she could reach today :sad3:

I've got her booked in for the vets first thing tomorrow. I'm suspecting it isn't good news.... has she got PT or some brain problem? I've never had a rat come down with these symptoms before and I feel so sorry for her. It's like she's trapped in her body (I was once in intensive care and unable to move so the prospect of her living like that scares the c(*&^ out of me.)

Any ideas or advice? I've had a bad month with the ratties and its all getting a little overwhelming.

Could possibly be a stroke but as jorats said, it sounds like pt.
Aggessive treatment with a steriod and antibiotics can sometimes buy a rattie good quality time for awhile. Depends on the pt and how aggressive it is.

I too am very very sorry.

Luckee made it through the night but worsened to the point where she could pretty much only blink. She was helped over the bridge at 9.30am this morning. I also lost my boy Milo (the rat in my avatar) to pneumonia.

RIP my little ones. Play hard over the bridge.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. This is always a very hard thing to deal with, but you have many friends and alot of support here.
R.I.P little girl and remember to look for Milo.

Back