Siberian Huskey or Newfoundland breeders?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

Does anyone know of any Siberian Huskey or Newfoundland dog breeders in Newfoundland? Even an ad selling puppies or something.

Anything would be great!
Thanks. :heart:

I would contact these guys for newfs in your area: http://www.newfoundlanddogclub.ca/index.php
And these guys about a husky: http://www.siberianhuskyclubofcanada.com/

Please only purchase a purebred CKC reg'd puppy from a reputable breeder. The CKC website has a list of what to look for in a reputable breeder, not everyone who is registered with the CKC is a reputable breeder. For more info go to: www.ckc.ca

Also always consider rescue as a viable option when getting a new dog look towards those sites I gave you or on www.petfinder.com.

Hope this helps

Ratlover101 said:
Instead of getting from a breeder, why dont you rescue a dog? They can be fabulous dogs and you would be saving a poor inocent life.

Because my boyfriends mother wants a puppy. :roll:
No local shelters have Newfoundland or Huskey puppies.

I'm jealous, I want a newfoundland puppy. Unfortunately, our next dog will be a little, non shedding one.

You can search "dog breeders" or "newfoundland/ husky breeders" on the google and see what you find. Also, if you drive a little you might be able to find a fantastic breeder. Make sure the breeder is accepted by some dog association or the ASPCA or something (can someone help me?) and does the proper health testing. If your not adopted, make sure you at least get a very healthy, well bred dog. Avoid puppy mills!

Nezumi in Canada purebred dogs must be registered with the CKC if it's not registered then there is no guarantee the dog is pure. I'm a huge purebred dog enthusiast so making sure people get their hands on a purebred dog from a great breeder is super important to me.

Tarah, if you can't find a good breeder by you consider adopting a mutt puppy from the shelter. The only reason I say that is Husky's are a common mix that show up in shelter, thus Husky mix puppies show up too also the breeds you are inquiring about are quite diffferent in both size, shape, temperment and energy level so maybe a mutt will give you that perfect fit!

Tarah said:
Ratlover101 said:
Instead of getting from a breeder, why dont you rescue a dog? They can be fabulous dogs and you would be saving a poor inocent life.

Because my boyfriends mother wants a puppy. :roll:
No local shelters have Newfoundland or Huskey puppies.

There are still puppies in shelters. Or go on petfinder.com and search for puppies. I'm sure you can find one.

I have no idea why people ever want Huskies.

Unless you own a bajillion acres or you regularly train for marathon running, I don't recommend a Husky. So if your BF's mom doesn't go jogging for two hours a night, PLEASE don't let her get a husky. They are way more dog than most people realize.

Haha, I know a lot of people who have realized that when it's too late. Poor doggies. :(
But they've owned a Huskey before, they know that the dog will have to be walked a million miles a day. :wink2:
And we have a pretty big side yard here, more than enough room for the dog.

Moon said:
I have no idea why people ever want Huskies.

Unless you own a bajillion acres or you regularly train for marathon running, I don't recommend a Husky. So if your BF's mom doesn't go jogging for two hours a night, PLEASE don't let her get a husky. They are way more dog than most people realize.

There is a woman around the corner from me that owns two. During the day when the weather is nice and there isnt many cars in our street she has like a massive scooter type thing (non electrical one that you push with your foot) and she has massive leads and such and she attaches the dogs to the front with body halters and gets them to 'pull' her around the block for an hour or so (like sled pulling - she also does the whistles and noises to get them to turn a corner etc.). They LOVE it. Its fun watching them all go flying past aswell

Well said Moon!! Thats why there are normally lots of huskys or husky crosses in shelters. I still sugest going on petfinder.com and search for a husky puppy. You just might find one.

I just want to make it clear, that if you find a dog - wether its husky, newfoundland, a purebreed or a mongrel, young or old... you have to share pics :D

Hey! A great alternative to buying a husky puppy is to adopt one from Labrador. As you probably know in costal labrador many husky's and other dogs roam in villages, they are friednly, smart, affectionate but usually starving strays. My sister in law is teaching in Natuashish, and the amount od stray dogs(mostly husky and husky mix) are overwhelming. Many of them are very small puppies. She and my brother adopted a 12 week old husky boy and he is BEAUTIFUL. There are still many other puppies roaming, but they can only do so much. There is actually a rescue group which works specifically with saving the dogs and puppies of this community, called Heavenly creatures. They do GREAT work for these dogs. They even fly the puppy you have chosen to adopt home to Newfoundland for you! This is a link to their website and facebook group:
http://www.heavenlycreatures.ca/
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2432855956

Please consider adopting a puppy or dog from them! These dogs are litterally starving to death with no medical care, breeding out of control and desperate for love. Please scroll through the avalible dogs and take a look at "URGENT: Johnny and Sundae's friends need help". They have three puppies they are flying in to Newfoundland this week I beleive, the pups are approximately 8 weeks and 16 weeks- And husky/husky mixes.

These dogs could really use your help. During the school year they are fed by the teachers, not the villagers, so when the school year is over(which is soon) and the teachers go back to their homes elsewhere, these dogs are left with no food source other than garbage they find, ect. Many will starve to death. Not all the pups there are listed,( and there are many more on the way including some husky/golden retriever mixes)and certainly not all of the dogs. There are several large packs. If you are looking to adopt a husky...please be a hero to a puppy like Kavik(my new rescue nephew!)

kavik.jpg

4329_89804749928_511399928_1618165_.jpg

Back