Show your floortime area!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rats can run around most of the day, only at night I want them in their cage, because they chew eveything and I can't stop them when I'm asleep :p

Ryuk on the bed
SIMG2811.jpg

Flurk, hiding behind a box
Foto157.jpg

the bed/playtime area where I put al their junk :lol:
SIMG2580.jpg

These are quite old pics, when I have a new cam, I'll update ^^

Right now mine only have the playpen. In the past, and in the near future, they will have a free range area.

My large Martins playpen, in different decors:
CorriegirlsplaypenJune08SQtoyresize.jpg

ClaraHildainplaypen.jpg

Fouroffivebdgirlslickbananamashfirs.jpg

Playpenwithfostergirlscroppedandsha.jpg

Sevengirliesonacube.jpg

EdithRhondaplaypenfunnels.jpg

My former play area:

Playarea.jpg

PlayareacornerCorrieandgirlie.jpg

and my favourite movie from the play area!

neith, I love how you named your rat Ryuk! I don't have enough toys to make a whole setup outside the cage, but there's a couple rooms that they can run around in. I also make little activities for them to do like...
- find the treats in the pile of stuffed animals
- take a ride in a shoebox pulled by a string (I don't know why, but they love this one!)
- get through the maze of little wooden blocks (they knock 'em over, so a new game evolved.....)
- go through the blocks and knock over as many as you can
- walk across a rope/ a thin piece of wood
- sit on the plastic horse (wheeeeeeeeeee!)

So many great play areas! The following is my play area (Martin's rat playpen). The lovely ladies you see modelling the play area and enjoying an evening snack, are Godmother's girls (I'm currently rat-sitting for her). I often rotate toys and change the scenery to avoid boredom.

2807549294_8f49f4298c.jpg

2807548868_622ece0519.jpg

2807549074_5b04c1c2f0.jpg

SQ said:
Very interesting wooden structure, Linda.
Don't think I've seen that before.

I was leaving my rats for a week and felt guilty so while away I found it at pet supply store - it was quite pricey but they love it.

I am melting all over the floor!! :heart: :heart: Here I am, so many miles from my babies, and it is wonderful to see them. Thank you, Linda, for posting these photos. :D

Godmother, you're so LUCKY! I'm at the cottage right now and Natalie's taking care of the boys until we get back. What I'd give to see pix of my boyos while we're here. I love our new cottage, but I miss them so much when I'm away from them. :sad3:

The doggies love it though, because they've got me all to themselves! :D

Back