Should I take Snowy back to the vets?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw your question …. I mix up the formula re instructions and then thicken with baby cereal to the thickness I want

I hope she responds to the meds ……. but they just give her more good quality time if they work

If the tumor is fast growing you may need to have her pts
- most vets do not know so it is essential that rat owners make sure it is done properly … and stay with their rattie if possible (gas/oxygen mix used for surgery is given, eye & toe reflexes are tested, when unconscious to at least a surgical level the rattie is injected, the rat is kept unconscious with the gas/oxygen mix until dead) …… a conscious rat must never be injected into the heart - this is so cruel it is illegal in some places

Ypu are doing everything you ca for her, and loving her, and there for her …… that is all you can do and what sshe needs
but I know how you feel ….. my boy Cross and girl Ariel both have pt

Just saw your question …. I mix up the formula re instructions and then thicken with baby cereal to the thickness I want

I hope she responds to the meds ……. but they just give her more good quality time if they work

If the tumor is fast growing you may need to have her pts
- most vets do not know so it is essential that rat owners make sure it is done properly … and stay with their rattie if possible (gas/oxygen mix used for surgery is given, eye & toe reflexes are tested, when unconscious to at least a surgical level the rattie is injected, the rat is kept unconscious with the gas/oxygen mix until dead) …… a conscious rat must never be injected into the heart - this is so cruel it is illegal in some places

Ypu are doing everything you ca for her, and loving her, and there for her …… that is all you can do and what sshe needs
but I know how you feel ….. my boy Cross and girl Ariel both have pt

The hing is she hasn't started the meds yet. I'm due to go there in about 50 mins to the vets again to discuss whether or not to try with the meds or to pts. I've never been through this before, so I don know when it's best for her to let her go because I know us humans can be selfish and I would want to ofc keep her alive, but not to her expense of suffering. Thank you for all your help though. I really do want to try the meds, just syringe feeding is a bit hard at the moment. She does take it just very slowly. If she does get pts I honestly don't know how I will cope I just cant bare the thought of it, by I will try and be there for her and make sure they do right.

Good luck at the vets ……. I did not mean not to try the meds
and I certainly hope they help
I just want to make sure you have the info just in case you need it some day

Back