Should I be worried?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I be worried (read below)

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

Tabasco the rat

I got a new rat a few days ago she appears to be about 5 weeks (too young to be adopted out in my opinion) I've been giving her space and only picking her up when absolutely nesecary. She is very timid and is grooming alot, she is also shaking and doesn't seem overly active and I'm not sure if I should be worried or if she is still just adjusting to her new cage which is large and has plenty of ground space, 3 levels, hammocks, and toys. She will also be getting a companion soon. Please help I am very worried about her. I have experience with rats but she is the first one I've owned.

What are you feeding her?
Pictures of her and the cage please
How is her breathing?

You might want to cuddle her a lot as she should still be with her mama and all of her sisters,
so is likely very lonely and very very frightened. She is a tiny baby and this is a very traumatic experience ..... the sooner she has at least one other baby girl to play with, snuggle with etc the safer she will feel - hopefully from the same place because of the possibility of disease

You could also give her a small stuffed animal to cuddle with - but make sure it has no small parts or small beads etc for stuffing because she will chew it

Her cage about a 2 feet wide and 3 feet tall

Attachments

• 20181224_183214.jpg
    20181224_183214.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 116
She is doing much better photos of her and her cage have been posted below. She is currently eating Oxbough baby rat block food and has a nice rat mix that is handmade. She is also getting a small reward of chicken, Turkey or, apple baby food as a reward for her being a good rattie. Her companion is coming home very soon hopefully less then 1 week!

For those of you interested Tabasco now has a sister named Taco they are getting along well and Tabasco has become more vibrant than ever.

Back