Shiloh - RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyy

Shiloh
"Needle-Claws" "Shy-Shy" "Shiloh-mese"

I bought Shiloh from a hobby breeder is Wisconsin. I was up there for a work seminar and decided to check out a little mom-n-pop pet store before heading back to Indiana. I asked if they had any rats and they brought out a Rubbermaid tub with a litter of babies inside. There were two Siamese babies, and if you know me then you know I have a weakness for colorpoint critters... I bought Shiloh for $3.00 and they were nice enough to give me a small critter keeper with food and bedding for the drive back to Indiana.

Shiloh was very small and integrated well with the other rats, never causing any trouble. When he started to go through rat puberty, I noticed a black lump on one of his boy bits. It was only the size of a pencil eraser and wasn't growing, so I let it be. When he hit about 1 year, the lump started growing like crazy, and was changing texture, so my vet and I both agreed it had to go. I had him neutered at the same time so the tumor would not come back in a testicle.

Shiloh is now past his 2 year mark, and is the last of my Indiana rats. He's HUGE but is terrified of everything. He is the most scared rat I've ever met.

img035-2.jpg

2014-05-24-17-23-33.jpg

2014-05-24-17-23-33-301.jpg

2014-05-29-01-19-31.jpg

2014-06-05-03-03-05.jpg

2014-06-05-03-03-12.jpg

Back