Sheep July 16th, 2007 - Aug. 31st, 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
It took me a few days to post about my Sheep, my loss of this precious baby boy, my dream rat.
Friday morning, I found Sheep lethargic at the bottom of his cage. I rushed him to my vet. She found a puncture wound in his neck. Some rough playing with his young brothers caused them to knick his jugular, he started to bleed inside. He died while at the vets.
Even though it's a fluke, an accident, I just can't get over his loss.
He was a wonderful little baby. Melissa did a fantastic job socializing him, he loved to give kisses and to run all about. Every time he saw me, he would run to me.
I only had him for 2.5 weeks, but he will be in my heart forever.
I'm so sorry my little Sheep, I will always love you.

smBoo06.jpg

smBoo04.jpg

It can't get much more devestating than to lose a rat to an accident like that, and when he was so young. I am feeling sick.
I am so very, very sorry. It is bad enough when they get sick, but the slim chances of an accident like that - it doesn't get more tragic.

Goodbye little Sheepster. We only knew you for a short time and that means you must come back to your Mom as soon as you can. She is hurting badly right now and needs your little licks to heal. :heart:

I am soo sorry Jo, I know you must be feeling absolutely devastated, he was a special little fuzzy man. Horrible as it is, a freak accident is not your fault.

Cuddles to his brothers for me and his sisters. :cry3:

(((((Jo)))))

I'm sorry Melissa, its hard to hear of one of "your" kids passing. I was upset over my little Dwynnie as you know, but you also can take comfort in knowing that Jo did the most she could. ((hugs)) for you too. :(

Joanne,
I am so sorry to hear Sheep has lefted you. He will be greeted at Rainbow Bridge with open arms. My thoughts are with you at this time of healing. Please give your other rattie friends hugs and kisses from us here.

Ann

Oh Jo, what a tragedy. There are no words to make it ok in any way, there's no way it could be understandable. You must be utterly devasted, and my heart sure goes out to you.
Sheep knows his mommy loves him.
Kisses, little guy.

I was so shocked when I heard about this. It is very sad that such a thing can happen. You aren't prepared for things like this.

All of Starla's babies have a special place in my heart, forever. But so do those people who helped me with raising them by giving me advice and adopting them (along with the bag of HT Joanne brought me, the 20$ Dani gave me and Shelagh helping me out to get the cage at the other end of the city).

I am so sorry to hear about Sheep, but don't beat yourself up over it, you did what you could for him and he had the best life for the little time he was with you. I am very grateful for you taking these little guys in, regardless of this unfortunate happening. :) (((hugs))) :roseopen:

There are no words that can heal your broken heart right now, Jo. :rose: Your little Sheep has been taken away from you way too soon. Just know that he was a very happy little rattie with you and his two brothers. :hugs:

I am so very sorry to read about Sheep's :heart: tragic accident.
Such a wonderful little boy :heart: ...
take good care of yourself Jo

Oh no, I was so shocked to read this :( A very unfortunate accident that has claimed his life far too early. At least his brothers will have their own guardian angel throughout their lives. :roseopen:

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry :(

jorats said:
It took me a few days to post about my Sheep, my loss of this precious baby boy, my dream rat.
Friday morning, I found Sheep lethargic at the bottom of his cage. I rushed him to my vet. She found a puncture wound in his neck. Some rough playing with his young brothers caused them to knick his jugular, he started to bleed inside. He died while at the vets.
Even though it's a fluke, an accident, I just can't get over his loss.
He was a wonderful little baby. Melissa did a fantastic job socializing him, he loved to give kisses and to run all about. Every time he saw me, he would run to me.
I only had him for 2.5 weeks, but he will be in my heart forever.
I'm so sorry my little Sheep, I will always love you.

smBoo06.jpg

smBoo04.jpg

I'm so sorry Jo. :cry: I have never heard of such a thing happening before. :( The precious little gent.

Did you ever see the film "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart? There is a part where his little girl says "every time a bell rings, an Angels got his wings".

You will never hear a bell for Sheep. He was born with his wings. :love6: :rose:

Jo, I'm so sorry to hear about this sad loss. Sheep was a lovely boy.

I feel so sad seeing how many of our beloved rats have died in the last month. You have lost Mister, Bijou, and Sheep since I last looked at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope that you have some time to heal.

Back