SHE HAD BABIES!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I wish my friend lives up north and I wish I was going that way. if any one knows anyone near me whom might be looking to adopt I'm going to have a app and a fee to make sure no one is going to harm these babies the parental says they have to go as soon as their weaned.
because I just took in two puppies last night into our rescue and one of them is partly deaf. so its going to be very time consuming to find someone who wants a half deaf puppy. as well as her hate of rats./

A nice small litter indeed. Hopefully that will make rehoming a bit easier.

They're so sweet, take lots of pics!

I want to so badly but the mama rat hates me so much I'm taking day two pictures soon I have to distract her long enough to take them lol. yes well not many rat lovers here I don't think.

oh I know she just never really liked me before. I'm looking to re-home all but two of the girls and one of the boys, so if anyone knows of anyone closeish that might want to adopt we're going to do interviews soon and make meetings.

Maybe mom is just being a mom. Jazzy doesn't hate me, but if I stick my hand into her nest, she will bite me. First a warning nibble, followed by a "I told you to buzz off" bite. When I take out the babies, I wait until Jazzy comes out to eat or have a break, and then I put her in the big cage with the other girls. Then I don't have to worry about her biting me or trying to take the babies away from me while I handle them. I keep the babies warm with a heating pad or hot water bottle.

she probably wasn't all the friendly to you before either because she was pregnant. that is a lot of hormones running through them telling them to find a safe place and build a nest and keep it safe. a lot of preggo rats don't like to be handled too closely to their due date too. all your issues with her actually may just be a result from her being a good momma. when the babies start to open their eyes she is likely to become more interested and accepting of you.

I have color patterns now!!!! sorry no pictures yet of them again but my mom was hogging the camera phone we have so far

What I think is a white one [could be cream]

a white and colored one

the rest are dark skinned but one looks like she might have some weird markings.

five girls and two boys their so cute. I still haven't really noticed any milk bellies but I think she must be feeding them they are growing. I will have pictures soon!

02-03-09_2245.jpg

02-03-09_2246.jpg

02-03-09_2247-1.jpg

02-03-09_2248-1.jpg

02-03-09_2254-1.jpg

02-03-09_2255-1.jpg

boo.jpg

02-03-09_2255.jpg

02-04-09_1222.jpg

that was taken yesterday when I was at the doctors.

hy.jpg

ji.jpg

those today in teh car. the metal thing is my ring its a size ten but its so big compared to them.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M WOWISH TODAY NOW!!!!!!!!!![schild=26,0,EE82EE,EE82EE:11u63dl5]OMG[/schild:11u63dl5]

Back