Shadow Is Happy Again :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I have a sweet old girl I took in last April from Notamuised, who is a passive loving but timid girl with other rats. She had a special cagemate that came with her, but sadly my sweet Maddie was only with us for a short while, and after a battle with a throat abscess she left us. After that Shadow wanted to be loved by other rats but they didn't seem to want to oblige. She was fine with Selene and Portia but they passed on one by one and she was left with Rennie, the Wildling's mom who is a bit "wired-wrong" and would regularly pin Shadow and stamp on her and make her scream. There was no grooming or cuddling in hammocks...but Shadow just took what she could.

I took in sweet little old Mattie from bruxxy after her cagemate passed, and bruxxy was soo concerned at how depressed and lonely she was. Mattie is very sweet but hasn't quite bonded with Shadow plus she is having her own issues right now. Mattie would sleep at the bottom of the cage, sometimes with Shadow, and Rennie would sleep up top. After the move to the new cage Rennie got even worse and had to be removed. I finally decided Shadow at 28 months didn't need to put up with that anymore.

I decided to be really crazy and intro'd the 2 older gals to my neutered boys Wilbur and Otto and it was wonderful. :D
Shadow is finally truly happy again. :)
Shadowlikesthenewcage2.jpg

Shadow, Wilbur and Otto
ShadowWilburandOtto.jpg

Wilbur, Shadow and tilty wee Mattie
Mattieandhercereal.jpg

and this is the scene I woke up to yesterday
ShadowandWilburintheteenycube.jpg

Look Lori!!!
Shadow is happy again. :grouphug:

Thanks Shelagh. I never had any doubts about the comfort & love Shadow was getting from you. She has lived in some large groups back when she was with me in that big 'ol F475 :) with cagemates some of which are with Nickelrat.

I've been showing her posts & pics to my son Gordie who she originally belonged to. He's been asking when he can see her again (visit).

She looks beatiful & happy....but not sure about the paw on poor squished Wilbur's face in the cube. :roll:

:collapse:

lilspaz68 said:
I have a sweet old girl I took in last April from Notamuised, who is a passive loving but timid girl with other rats. She had a special cagemate that came with her, but sadly my sweet Maddie was only with us for a short while, and after a battle with a throat abscess she left us. After that Shadow wanted to be loved by other rats but they didn't seem to want to oblige. She was fine with Selene and Portia but they passed on one by one and she was left with Rennie, the Wildling's mom who is a bit "wired-wrong" and would regularly pin Shadow and stamp on her and make her scream. There was no grooming or cuddling in hammocks...but Shadow just took what she could.

I took in sweet little old Mattie from bruxxy after her cagemate passed, and bruxxy was soo concerned at how depressed and lonely she was. Mattie is very sweet but hasn't quite bonded with Shadow plus she is having her own issues right now. Mattie would sleep at the bottom of the cage, sometimes with Shadow, and Rennie would sleep up top. After the move to the new cage Rennie got even worse and had to be removed. I finally decided Shadow at 28 months didn't need to put up with that anymore.

I decided to be really crazy and intro'd the 2 older gals to my neutered boys Wilbur and Otto and it was wonderful. :D
Shadow is finally truly happy again. :)
Shadowlikesthenewcage2.jpg

Shadow, Wilbur and Otto
ShadowWilburandOtto.jpg

Wilbur, Shadow and tilty wee Mattie
Mattieandhercereal.jpg

and this is the scene I woke up to yesterday
ShadowandWilburintheteenycube.jpg

Look Lori!!!
Shadow is happy again. :grouphug:

Lilspaz... you are awesome! What a glorious end to the poor little lady's lonliness.

Please give Shadow and her new friends extra kisses and scritches from me.

GEEEEEEEZ... now I need a tissue. :rose:

I love love love 'Lonely kid finds love' stories! :D
Poor Shadow had to go thru a lot. I'm happy she & Mattie have a couple gentle handsome gents to share their lives!

Shadow looks so precious in these pics! It must feel so good to see a rattie happy again! This just warms my heart! :heart: Hugs to you, Shelagh!

mamarat2 said:
I think we need some more cage pictures :D

Sadly the batteries died and have to be recharged while I was just starting...sigh. :roll:

Pretty tilty Mattie
sweetMattie.jpg

SweetMattie2.jpg

Wilbur pops up (he disappeared into a cube for a munch and refused any more photo ops)
Wilburpopsup.jpg

Otto is next
the first 2 pics suck, but he's soo handsome!
Ottowhataface.jpg

Ottowhataface2.jpg

Ottopopsup.jpg

And of course sweet happy Shadow :)
sweetShadow.jpg

She is not a lady around food!
Shadowisnotaladywithfood.jpg

But she's very gentle with her new tilty friend Mattie :heart:
ShadowandMattieDec13.jpg

Shadow was caught with one of her boyfriend's yet again. I really am not sure which one is the favoured one yet. :mrgreen:

ShadowshappyagainwithWilbur.jpg

She even came out partway and stopped, wondering if it was worth it to come all the way out. :roll:

Shadowwaitstoseeifitsworthittocomeo.jpg

Back