Separating a sick rattie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argent

My Mako has gone downhill again, possibly even worse than before, just before I'm due to go on holiday too...

Anyway, long story short, my mum won't let me put the responsibility of medication in my neighbour's hands (who also owns ratties though they've never been ill), so if the majority of the boys go and stay with my neighbours, do you think it would be okay to separate Mako and take him to my friend, who is very willing to help me out? Should I put a buddy with him? I was thinking Marsh since he's not really going to push him around and in small quarters (all i have is a pennine cage for a hospital cage), Mako and Marsh would be a better fit than someone bigger and more boisterous like Hugo...

I trust my friend a lot, she's doing this for me out of the kindness of her heart and doesn't really know what to expect (but is willing to learn). I'm just worried Mako might be mentally worse off without a cage buddy for comfort in a new environment while he's ill...is this a good plan?

Hugo, Seamus, Rufus ----> Neighbours

Mako, Marsh ----> friend's house who will medicate him

Your plan is the best plan for this situation... It would be best to keep them all together but your little guy really needs his meds and if your friend will do it then that's the way to go. Keeping a buddy with him is a very good idea.

Right then, that's the plan. I'm giving him some scrambled egg and rice for dinner tonight, away from the other boys in case he's in need of a pick-me-up, and then start the meds tomorrow and write up a care chart for Cj to follow :3

Back