Sandra has pt

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Sandra will be 2 years old sometime this summer.
She was rescued in December 2016 along with her mother Rose and her younger brother Little Dude from a feeder breeder. She was spayed later in life last May (2017) when I was finally able to have it done.
Sandra is a wonderful little girl who was terrified of people when she was rescued.

Sandra has started taking pred, baytril and cabergoline ....... today she seems unable to eat independently
I am hoping the meds will work
January 2017 Rose Sandra Deborah Carly and Shadow.jpg

Rose Sandra (blue) Deborah, Carly and Shadow

Sandra will be 2 years old sometime this summer.
She was rescued in December 2016 along with her mother Rose and her younger brother Little Dude from a feeder breeder. She was spayed later in life last May (2017) when I was finally able to have it done.
Sandra is a wonderful little girl who was terrified of people when she was rescued.

Sandra has started taking pred, baytril and cabergoline ....... today she seems unable to eat independently
I am hoping the meds will workView attachment 10595

Rose Sandra (blue) Deborah, Carly and Shadow
Wish you all the best for you and your girl.

What a beautiful color she is! Mid-grey is my very favorite ratty color (cause they don't come in burgundy :p). She's lucky to have such a good mom doing all you can for her..

The meds helped Sandra a great deal but in the last month Sandra has started to become worse.
She has gradually lost the use of her back legs, and she has lost a huge amount of weight …. and is down to 227 grams
Sandra is still able to take food by syringe but I am unsure if she can eat independently any longer :(

The meds helped Sandra a great deal but in the last month Sandra has started to become worse.
She has gradually lost the use of her back legs, and she has lost a huge amount of weight …. and is down to 227 grams
Sandra is still able to take food by syringe but I am unsure if she can eat independently any longer :(

I'm sorry SQ :( When beloved friends near the end it never gets easier no matter how many times we have to see it happen. I hope you can find some comfort in this sad time.

Poor sweet girl. In the past with my PT rats, they usually always passed away at home with me. They usually are not in pain with PT. The only time I did bring them to be pts was when they also suffered from respiratory issues. I'm so very sorry your girl has reached this point.

Back