"Sammy" ??? - 03/16/15

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHermit

Sammy was not mine. In fact I knew and interacted with Sammy for under two minutes. But I feel she deserves a memorial, and I'll be brief.

Little Sammy was abandoned at the animal hospital I work at some time last night. I am unsure of the whole story, but one if the kennel staff took her home. My coworker has an adult female named Splinter whose cagemate passed away a little over two weeks ago.

The staff member saw she had lice and brought her to work today. She got the hospital to dispense kitten revolution, and it was when I informed her that her request was approved that she told me Sammy was in the hospital. She showed me the wee one.

Little Sammy was only about 5 or 6 weeks old, if that. She nibbled my nail and was nibbling on food. I had to continue working and asked my coworker if it was OK that I visit Sammy throughout my shift. I noticed the baby was breathing heavily and asked if she was taking her to an exotic vet (my hospital is cat/dog only, unless it's an emergency). I warned her to go asap and then went about my shift.

Unfortunately I had no time to visit Sammy again until after work. I opened the carrier and realized she had passed away. It must have happened very shortly after I first saw her. I ran and got my coworker and we wrapped her in a blanket. I had to run for my bus - I am not sure what happened with Sammy after.

What I do know is that Sammy was too sweet and too young to be abandoned. She just needed someone to love her and listen to her needs, but she got to that person too late.

Sammy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge with Shredder, Splinter's friend. She was very young and is lost, but won't be forgotten.

Goodbye sweet baby girl.

:rose3:​

Safe journey to the Bridge Sammy. At least you found a home and a name before you passed on. I wish you had had a chance to enjoy your new life before leaving, but it was not to be. RIP wee one... :heart:

Back