Sam 28 months

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

Sam was PTS today. He was operated on in Oct. but his cancer came back. Yesterday he started bleeding and Metacam did not seem to help his pain. My beautiful hoodie.

samfeb408.jpg

samlastday.jpg

samonbench.jpg

samoncage.jpg

mamarat,
This has been a stressfull time for you and your family with all ratties going to Rainbow Bridge. The memories must live on until you meet again.

Ann

Your "blotched boy" :(

I am so sorry Mamarat. :(

How is Jevy doing without his brother? Adia has a tumour as well, and Asha my temperamental one is in fine health...of course. :doh:

Are you coping with all the losses okay? I wish I was there to hug you.

Jevy misses his big brother. They where always together. Sam was Jevy's bodygard. Sam fought to the end, damn cancer. Play hard at the bridge with your little brother Adam :heart: :tearful:

Sam was the alpha, keeping the Wildthings in check. The Wildthings would run after Jevy, banning him to the bottom of the cage in his box, with 2 "guarding" him. Sam would walk down slowly and place himself next to Jevy, and the Wildthings would run away. I'm a little bit scared of what might happen now in the cage.

As for Jevy, he has never been sick, although often had sneezies but meds didn't do anything for him. I've given him Benadryl and that helps. Hope your girl's tumor is very slow growing. At 28 months, it's always harder to make the decision to operate or not.

Sam cost me 700 dollars and it gave him a few more months. And to them, a month is a long time.

I found my domestics didn't do well with my Wildlings. Eventually I removed all the domestics, one by one. When I found their mom Rennie bleeding in a corner I knew it was time for an All Wildling cage.

Would Jevy intro to another group maybe?

:sad-p:

I was thinking about it but I'm waiting to see how things develop in the cage. It would be hard for Jevy to be away from Lollipop, she's the mom in the cage and they all go to her when they're sick.

mamarat said:
I was thinking about it but I'm waiting to see how things develop in the cage. It would be hard for Jevy to be away from Lollipop, she's the mom in the cage and they all go to her when they're sick.

Awww, yeah I have my fingers crossed for him!

I'm sorry :cry: You've had so much lately (again)... I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved little boy, and I'm sorry too for the loss of your peacekeeper and what it means for the group, especially Jevy. And of course for you & Morats who really need & deserve to get comfort from seeing your other kids happy at this time to ease your pain.
Your little Sam was obviously a special spirit to keep peace so peacefully. Earth needs more Sams, not less.

Back