Rylee and his lump = bone cancer. :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam had cancer, and he lived a "good" 4 months after his op. He was 28 months. Let's hope it's the same for Rylee. :heart:

I've been MIA from forums for a while, just read the news... Sending lots of hugs and love to little Rylee! So far none of his known relatives have had anything like osteosarcoma... So with luck, it may be an individual case and no one else will get it. I'm glad you got the results, it gives me something to look out for in his sisters. It's still not what I was expecting either.. Give him some kisses from me :heart:

That's what I was thinking... the incision is completely healed, his fur is growing back some but the lump is on the side of the spine. I'll be watching him closely.

The size of his last tumour was so huge, the pathologist thought it came out of a dead rat. He told my vet there is no way this cancer came out of a live rat.

Thanks guys... Rylee acts like there's nothing wrong. He's curious, adventurous, outgoing, happy and bouncy. But the lump has grown again since yesterday. I'm just so devastated. The last lump removed, the little bit out of the body was nothing compared to what was growing inside him. I'm worried that it's the same again.

He's on metacam, studies have shown that it regresses that cancer. I guess not. Unless, it will start soon and leave it at a small size? He really isn't acting like he's got cancer.

Back