Ruby <3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maladie

Miss Ruby (aka Brownies) is part of my original rat pack. She is a beautiful agouti with a slender dainty physique and gentle doe eyes. She also makes really funny and cute little expressions and poses with her delicate little hands, so adorable! She was always very scared and timid, even preferring to be alone in her own private hammy than with others most times. She would always freak out if you held her, and try to run back to her cage for safety. She has always been less food motivated so it's harder to bribe her into interacting with people. Despite being very much a loner, she has always been sweet and gentle. In her first year with me, the times she did choose to allow me to talk with her and pet her as she lay in her hammy, she'd get all sleepy eyed and sometimes boggle. Ruby was my first girl to have a mammary tumor, in her armpit area. I was terrified, but I guess I'm much more desensitized about that kinda thing now since 4 of my 5 girls have had them. She came thru beautifully, I documented it in the link below.

discussion thread about Ruby's tumor on goosemoose forum

Ruby (and the rest of the original rat pack rescues) is about 20 months old now, and for the past 4 or so months, she has FINALLY really come out of her shell. She is not wild and all over the place, getting really excited for attention and food like most of them do, but she definitely shows her desire for my attention now. She comes up to the open side of the cage (the older rats don't run away, so the DCN stays open and is extended to a patio they can chill on, and they can also come out on the roof to get my attention) with everyone else, and is often one of the first to climb up on my arm and crawl into my hair. She frequently comes to the top of the cage and looks right at me with her beautiful eyes and wants to be petted behind her ears, and puffs up and relaxes like a little fuzzy angel when I love on her. She is still very timid, and prefers to stay near the safety of her home, but she certainly likes my company much much more now, and she trusts me alot more too. I am so proud of my sweet baby Ruby and the challenges in life she has overcome to become the smart, sweet and loving little girl she is today.

dupinra.png

dupin1.jpg

1531715-10152312494931043-502663833-n-310.jpg

rub2-311.jpg

ruby4-312.jpg

ruby1-314.jpg

rubylove.jpg

1389967511985.jpg

1389967512320.jpg

Back