Rosalie 4/16/08 - 4/11/11

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

I got Rosalie when I decided to just go "look" at the Humane Society while my mom did her running. She was the only rats there, and came straight out when she saw me, standing on her little hitch trying to get out. I took her out and ended up holding her for a half hour, in which she bruxxed like mad and groomed me. I knew I had to take her home.

She was quite the silly lady, but also very bossy. She liked to be in charge which made it hard to introduce her to my other girls. She stayed solitary for while in which time she chewed many holes in the base of her cage (as shown below) but she never left more than a few inches from her cage. I guess she just wanted extra air! After Lady passed away I introduced her to Minnow. After months of intros they finally were able to be kept in the same cage. After Minnow passed I decided to just keep one sex. Again, Rosalie was alone but she didn't seem to mind much. She had the boys above her to terrorize.

She was always healthy. She became old and her hind legs gave out. She still did really good though. Even when I had to clean her ears for her she took it like a champ and groomed me back.

My boyfriend went to feed her and she was fine. An hour later I went to give good night loves and she was gone, just minutes before. I can only assume it was from old age seeing as she was as healthy as a young rat (minus the hind legs). I wish I would have said good night a few minutes earlier, then I could have said good bye. :sad3:

Good bye Rosalie, I miss you.

Naughty Miss Rosalie by KtinaE, on Flickr

Back