Roger: 8/2007 - 6/21/08. My heart is gone.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristyR

I cannot, right now, write a fitting tribute to Roger. My heart is just too broken.

He had been sick off and on for about the last month. I’d think I was going to lose him and then he’d rally. This time, I just knew there wasn’t going to be a rally. He was doing as well as he had been for the last several days when I left for work last night. I hurried home this morning to check on him, but as soon as I walked in the house, I felt it. I knew he was gone before I even walked in their room.

Roger was my heart rat.

I just can’t write more right now. The last three pictures below are the last ones I took of him. They were taken June 14th – a week ago today.

1349940347_7f4795b0cc.jpg

2534280455_a12e086ebc.jpg

2466130138_89a6bee78f.jpg

2466125802_9e360ebe23.jpg

2597828708_aaa8192dde.jpg

2596995003_1bca9776a4.jpg

2597824504_19e507e8ec.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss Kristy. :sad3:

We all know what you're going through. Take care.

May your heart heal with time. He was such a handsome boy and he looked so happy. He was blessed to have you for his mommy. I'm so sorry for your loss. :heart:

Thank you all. Roger was the sweetest rat, although he had a mischievous streak in him as well. He tried on occasion to be dominant, but he just wasn't very good at it. He'd puff up and crab-walk somebody, and then close his eyes and cringe and make himself flat waiting for the attack. He was a lover at heart.

When I found him this morning, Bob was cuddled up with him. They were brothers, best buddies. It was touching...and sad.

I am so sorry for the loss of Roger.

May you and Bob keep Roger in your hearts forever :heart:

KristyR said:
I cannot, right now, write a fitting tribute to Roger. My heart is just too broken.

He had been sick off and on for about the last month. I’d think I was going to lose him and then he’d rally. This time, I just knew there wasn’t going to be a rally. He was doing as well as he had been for the last several days when I left for work last night. I hurried home this morning to check on him, but as soon as I walked in the house, I felt it. I knew he was gone before I even walked in their room.

Roger was my heart rat.

I just can’t write more right now. The last three pictures below are the last ones I took of him. They were taken June 14th – a week ago today.

1349940347_7f4795b0cc.jpg

2534280455_a12e086ebc.jpg

2466130138_89a6bee78f.jpg

2466125802_9e360ebe23.jpg

2597828708_aaa8192dde.jpg

2596995003_1bca9776a4.jpg

2597824504_19e507e8ec.jpg

I'm so sorry Kristy, :tearful:

He was such a beautiful little man. :rose:

His little soul must have been waiting for you at the door when you came home. It's amazing how we can sometimes sense what has happened before actually seeing it. You are obviously his heart mom. The piece of your soul he took with him will be lovingly kept until he can see you again :love6:

Oh god Kristy... Oh no, I'm so so sorry. I know how much he meant to you, it's like having your heart ripped out, stolen and you are now completely lost without him.
Try and be strong... big hugs!! :cuddle:

Thanks to all of you.

I miss him so much.

I love them all dearly, but Roger was so very special to me, and he was from the very first time I laid eyes on him. I'd put him on the top level of the FN, and tap one of the lower levels and call him, and he'd come running to me and into my hand, and I'd give him belly kisses.

I keep hearing in my head a line from Star Trek II, after Spock dies, where McCoy says to Kirk "He's really not dead...as long as we remember him."

I'm so very sorry. :( He was so handsome! That part about his brother cuddled up to him breaks my heart. :( Hugs to the both of you. :heart:

Back