Rocky has a degloved tail

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

One of our foster mom's texted me today to let me know that Rocky degloved half of her tail. It is quite bad. I gave her some metacam and she's going in to see Dr Rose in the am.

We are asking for donations to help cover the amputation. Paypal donations can be sent to [email protected]

I guess her daughter had her out showing her friends and then Rocky got in the couch. I think she degloved it when they were trying to get her out :(

I dropped her off this morning. She's a trooper that's for sure.

Rocky is back at my place resting. She's doing really well. Dr. Rose and the staff at Moutain Road Animal Hospital are amazing. I brought them some cookies as a thanks for taking her in so quick.

:heart: :sad3: :cuddle: Poor baby, healing vibes from sorry :cuddle: :sad3: :heart: Would love to help w/costs, but have been hit too hard with our own vet bills lately.

Joanne said:
Yay Rocky! Hang in there you tough broad! LOL
Just sent something to help with her surgery costs. :)

Thanks so much Joanne.

Rocky is doing really well and was even interested in coming out to see me for a bit. She's leaving her tail alone thankfully! It's looking pretty good and no signs of infection which is great.

Thanks Jo for the donation!

Rocky is doing pretty great.

What are your opinions on putting her back in with her sisters this weekend? Should I wait another week?

Rocky was really happy to be back with her sisters. She was also happy to have her wheel back lol Amazing how they can go through a big injury like that and then still want to go run on their wheel.

Back