rise like a phoenix from the ashes. *resized photos ; )*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Sarah and Shelagh delivered a little bundle of joy today. ;) She's a real sweetie. I wasn't sure what to expect but certainly fell in love when she sat back in my hand and washed her face! I can only assume her previous family got her from a pet store but she's a real gem.

Anyway, I had her name picked out before I finished reading her adoption ad but felt I'd jinx it if I told anyone! ;) Phoenix (or Phoe) is her name, tied of course to her dramatic history, though the shelter called her Snickers. She's sneezing a lot but clear fluid so I'll try not to stress about it.

Shelagh told me she bruxed a couple of times but I completely didn't hear it or feel it so that made me feel better, haha, perhaps my girls have been doing it all along, I just didn't notice.

Anyway, I promised photos, so here's a LOT. Today's a no-stress day so I didn't haul her out of the cage, just let her do what she wanted. ;) She had a long sleep while I was at the farm so now she's full of beans and not quite sure what to make of her situation!

6t5dc76.jpg

836uxlg.jpg

87i5gk9.jpg

7y3cjlj.jpg

6ou8zdx.jpg

869tvgl.jpg

6le6c82.jpg

6t5zmuu.jpg

6pu5pa9.jpg

8ggbp01.jpg

Aww Bron, she looks so happy :)

I'll tell you later on why we had to leave so fast...something came up that we had to do in Guelph before we dropped off a guineapig to his new adoptive owners.

She really was a doll, so young, but would just lie there calmly and be patted. Definitely the type when she is in the mood, who you could stroke to sleep.

I am soo glad you got her!!!! :mrgreen:

Phoenix is a lovely girl!

:eek:fftopic:
Can I suggest that in the future you may want to re-size you images to make them a bit smaller?
Those really large pictures are a nightmare if one is on dial-up and it could also be a problem for Jo if she has a bandwidth restriction.

Thanks guys!

And yes I'm very sorry about the pics, lol, when I saw the result last night I thought, "Ohhhhh no." as I didn't crop in Photoshop I simply used iPhoto which was a bad idea.

I'll get on it I promise, lol!

I'm thrilled I got her too. :D We're currently working on the notion that biting hurts! :lol:

She's so cute guys, lol, biting and all. ;D The "ow!"s eventually get replaced by licks...takes her some time to figure it out, haha. Oh, and not pooping outside the cage would be another good trick. I completely forget how my other rats learned! Perhaps with time?

She's a fan of hair, that's for sure! But...doesn't eat it...yet...

She's also still sneezing. Hopefully this is normal! It's still clear and got in my eye which is...worrying, lol.

Bronwyn said:
She's so cute guys, lol, biting and all. ;D The "ow!"s eventually get replaced by licks...takes her some time to figure it out, haha. Oh, and not pooping outside the cage would be another good trick. I completely forget how my other rats learned! Perhaps with time?

She's a fan of hair, that's for sure! But...doesn't eat it...yet...

She's also still sneezing. Hopefully this is normal! It's still clear and got in my eye which is...worrying, lol.

New home sneezies can last for a few days, don't worry yet. Are her eyes bright, she's active, eating, drinking and no porphryin?

Check times four. :)

She peed on the couch last night. Shh...don't tell Lisa! I've forgotten all these baby things!

Back