RIP My Precious Boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Helped Axe and Jack make their journey across the bridge tonight. I don't have it in me to go into details right now, but they are at peace and we are completely shattered and heartbroken. Mommy and Daddy love you boys and will miss you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It is incredibly hard to see them off, whether they go on their own or with help. And yes, it is very taxing to go through such frequent animal companion loss, which is why some of us here have talked about taking hiatuses just to heal and catch our breath. Your boys were so loved; they still feel your love and they are fine ,together, and joyful in spirit and they thank you for always putting their best interests first. Cats and dog and other longer-living pets always give us enough time before we have to face this kind of situation, but sadly, with sweet ratties, it seems that not only are they not here long enough in their two to three years, but often so much of their lifespan is taken over by these constant rat illnesses, be it respiratory, cancers, or otherwise, so that 18 out of 24 months can be an on-going repetoire of medications. It can often feel like an uphill battle. I currently have two boys, the 48th and 49th rats I've had since 2003. One of mine has chronic breathing issues since he arrived seven months ago, as a rescue. I love them both dearly, but almost 15 years of so much pet death and illness has taken it's toll. I honestly feel that, this time, I do need to take a break, possibly for several years. So, I hear you. My condolences to you at this difficult time, and may your heart heal soon with only loving memories.

Lovee and Peanut after they lost Jack & Axe... They seem to be getting long or at least grieving together. We had them out together yesterday again for group intros...

Back