Rhydian-- wild baby rat growing up--New update!! 8/20/13

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is so beautiful - I love those dark feet!

You could try the two girls together and see how they do. It might make your outsider a little happier. I am lazy and don't want a bunch of cages to clean, so I stick everyone together, no matter how long the intros take. LOL

If you can tolerate cleaning two cages i'd give it a shot, good luck :D she's so adorable!

So this morning when I went to let the girls out I noticed a big cut on Aurora's bum, and came to the conclusion that that was the deciding factor. So, I took Aurora out, and I had her and Rhydian out with me together for a while.. there were no fights, no scuffles, they got along just fine, so I decided to take a chance. I've had them in the same cage for about four hours now, and there hasn't been any upset at all. They've been snuggled up in Rhydian's shoebox napping :heart: :heart: So I think I made a good decision. Rhydian was so happy.. She was all over Aurora, and Aurora's such a sweetie, she's so good with her.

I'll be keeping my eye on them for the rest of the day, to make sure they continue to get along well. Wish me luck!

And just as a side note: I'm still getting the add on for my FN, but now I think I'll just keep it closed off. Have Alice Harlow and Dorian in the bottom, and Rhydian and Aurora on top. I may eventually put them all togther, now just isn't the time.

You know your ratties best and if you don't feel it's the time to have them all together then I would wait too. Good luck, hope the girls become best buddies.

So cute. That's totally how my Almond was to Peanut when I got him. Once they'd had the intial "I'm the BOSS" scuffle, Almond was totally fine and was Peanuts shadow (Peanut was older and bigger at the time and Almond was just a little tike).

We need to see some cute big sister/little sister-to-be picture action. xD;; That'll be so adorable I'm sure. ^.^

I'm so glad to hear that's working out and totally ya do what you feel is right for your sweeties! Can't wait to see some pictures of the two :D

They've been together ever since I posted :D They're both doing really, really well! They play together and snuggle together.. there's never been a fight, not even any boxing! I can't wait until I can get them into a bigger cage where they'll have lots of room to run around. I promise I'll take pictures of the two of them soon :D

AWWWWWWWWW omg im so happy for little Rhy and her new big sister :D can't wait to see pictures!

Alright, I'm sorry it took so long for me to update guys, but I'm in the process of getting ready to head to school, and I'm in the middle of a movie project, so I've been all over the place.

Anywho, I have a TON of awesome news! First off, Rhydian and Aurora are best friends. Not only that, but Aurora's calm, lazy, loving nature is definitely keeping this flighty little tornado in check! She's still my little love bug, always poking her nose out of the cage to get to me whenever she can, and she's growing SO big! She's getting a lot more trusting of other people too, she'll willingly go up to my step dad and let him pet her, she's barely wild at all. You can still see the difference between her and a domestic, but you could easily chalk it up to an overactive female.

The second AWESOME thing.. Rhydian's in with the WHOLE group! The past week I've had a lot of down time, I left my job to prepare for school, and decided to give intros another shot since Rhydian's a bit bigger now, and I've had all the time in the world to watch them. We started out in the bath tub, but quickly moved to the couch, where they'd sit with me for a few hours a day. Yesterday my Double Critter Nation came in the mail, so I decided it was the perfect time to see how everyone did living in one cage together. I put it together (Which was surprisingly easy.. except for the fact that I put the floor grid with the cut out in backwards at first LOL), decorated everything, then threw everyone in there.. and let me tell you, I'm never going to worry about them all having enough room again! Finding all 5 rats in a double CN is like finding a needle in a haystack!

Harlow, my problem child, has also really started to calm down.. she was my biggest fear when introing Rhydian to the group, I was terrified she'd do some serious damage to the baby, but she's doing wonderfully! I just think she needed some more space, and some time to mellow out, she's almost a year and a half now. Rhydian is like Harlow's shadow surprisingly, she doesn't just walk around behind her, she walks around UNDER her! It's hysterical to watch. She's so happy to be in a group, you can just feel the joy and the excitement rolling off of her!

I promise I'll post some pictures soon! My step dad did a wonderful job of losing my camera cord, but the second I find it, it'll be pictures galore! But for now, here's one of Rhydian before she moved into the big cage. She decided her food dish looked like a nice spot to sit.

GEDC0132.jpg

That pic is too insanely cute. Must nominate for RPOM!
Its so good to hear how well everyone is doing. Nothing in the world is quite so wonderful as one big happy rat family.

I'm looking forward to you finding your cord - LOL!

Five rats in a DCN is awesome! They have so much room to run around and explore. I'm glad she's really enjoying having a family again. :)

Thanks for the Nomination everyone :D Rhydian says thanks too! And boy, room to run? It takes me ten minutes to find everyone in the morning for out time, lol!

Still no sign of my camera cord, but I did manage to catch this today with my cell phone.. during out time, everyone fell asleep on the couch.. and Rhydian decided the perfect place to sleep would be on top of her four older sisters, while upside down LOL

dfsgsdfg.jpg

Wow she must feel right at home to show her belly up in the air! I heard animals who are trusting, will expose their underbelly, which leaves them open and defensless i think. So to let her self fall asleep like that? Wow lol so cute!

it's been a while since i've posted here, but I've explained in other posts what's been going on in my life, so I'll just cut to the chase here because i'm sure you're all curious about my little wild baby.

Rhydian is over a year old now. when she was first introed in with the girls, the five of them lived happily in a double CN, but my little Rhydian, being so much younger than her sisters, has unfortunately suffered losses. Harlow, Alice, and Aurora have all crossed over the rainbow bridge, but her big sister Dorian, who's over two years old now, is still around and kickin' and surprisingly healthy. She and Rhydian now have that entire cage to themselves, but i'm considering condensing it down to a single, for easier management while i'm still healing. Today was my first day home, and ofcourse, the first thing I did was run to the rat cage, squish Dorian, and hunt the elusive wild baby down. She's still such a sweetie. she uses her teeth, but only to grab your fingers and try to pull them into her hammock. she's still as licky and adorable as ever, with those same little tiny black feet. man was i worried that she'd forget me over the last few months.. but after some playtime on the couch, she and Dorian are now curled up in my shirt, sleeping. :heart: :heart: I've got a few crappy cell phone pictures that don't do her justice, but I'll post them just to give you guys a taste of her!

Yay! It's so good to get an update about your sweet little girlie!
I missed your posts about your life, but I hope you are feeling better soon! Rat therapy will definitely help. :heart:
Are you considering getting another rat soon so that Rhydian won't be by herself when her big sister passes?

Back