Rhydian-- wild baby rat growing up--New update!! 8/20/13

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joanne said:
Yay! It's so good to get an update about your sweet little girlie!
I missed your posts about your life, but I hope you are feeling better soon! Rat therapy will definitely help. :heart:
Are you considering getting another rat soon so that Rhydian won't be by herself when her big sister passes?

I was away at college and ended up being completely run over by a car in a freak accident. I spent a month in the hospital, and two months in a care center getting better, and today's been my first day home. I'm super lucky, and 95% back to normal, and I've been thanking my guardian angel every day LOL .

and as for new guys, I've put a lot of thought into that. I'm a little scared, because when I introed Rhydian to the girls she was still a baby. I have no idea how she'd react to intros as an adult. but anyway, i've never planned on having a single rat, and i recently emailed someone on craigslist who's got "two feeder rats in a tank. large now fat" who got attached to a pair of pink eyed whites that their son brought home for a snake.. so we'll see if they bite and play it by ear! that, or i'll wait until we're all settled back in at my house in pennsylvania when i go back to school in october, and i'll find a few girls there who need a home.

Ah yes, I remember your thread where you were allowed rattie visitors! That's a long time to be away from home. But you are Rhydian's momma - she will always remember you! :)

I'm a bit late to the party here but omg! I'm getting all weepy reading this thread. Especially seeing her all grown up - you did a fantastic job looking after her. You should be really proud. :heart:

So sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks. Although it sounds as though things are going really well. :)

xcat said:
I'm a bit late to the party here but omg! I'm getting all weepy reading this thread. Especially seeing her all grown up - you did a fantastic job looking after her. You should be really proud. :heart:

So sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks. Although it sounds as though things are going really well. :)

thank you so much.. with baby rats being so difficult to raise, and this one being a wildie and only adding to the difficulty, successfully raising her is one of my greatest achievements :D she's my pride and joy, and I still love watching her grow.. I'm so curious to see if she'll top our domestic guys life spans.

and thanks for the well wishes! I am doing much better, and I'm very grateful for it!

Yes, sadly Rhydian has been gone for over a year now, actually it's nearing two. I lost her during surgery to get her spayed, and I felt guilty about it for a long time. Sometimes I still do. I miss her often, and think about her a lot. I see a lot of her in one of my current boys, Doyle. He's a little agouti who I adopted along with his 2 black berk brothers. He's sweet, and shy, and really really smart just like Rhydian was. Though I don't have the bond with him that I did with her, and honestly I don't think I'll ever have a bond like that with any others, it was so unique.

This is her memorial post, if you'd like to read it.
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28294

@katthehippie Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so sorry you lost her this way. :(
Sometimes our time with these miracles are too short and when things like this happen, it doesn't make any sense. But what a beautiful journey you both had! A true bond that touched not only your heart....but all of our hearts. Your relationship with little Rhydian brought more love to this earth.

Sending you a huge hug!
-M.

Back