Revolution

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TorachiKatashi

Hey guys. I haven't been on in a long while, but I finally got around to checking back in again a few days ago.

I was wondering, does anyone here treat their crew with Revolution on a regular basis? Oskar and Vin had mites last summer, which was a big scare for me because Oskar became very sick as a result. They were getting treated with one drop of Kitten Revolution, once every two weeks for the first couple of months, and since then I've been treating them once a month with what I had left since the stuff doesn't expire for a couple of years (I called and made sure that would be fine.) I've been extra careful about freezing everything that comes from outside the house before it goes into the cage or anything since then, but I still worry about something coming in on my clothes or my shoes or something like that. I just treated them for this month and I have enough to treat one of them again next month, but not both, so I was considering calling and asking if I could buy another one.

I'm sure it's not necessary, but if it was something I wanted to do for my own peace of mind, would there be anything wrong about doing that? I can't really imagine so since the stuff is pretty mild and they only get a little drop of it, but I wanted to find out what more experience people think about it.

I certainly wouldn't treat once a month. Once every 9 months maybe but not once a month because bottom line, it's poison. And it's best not to keep putting that stuff on your rat unless you think something is up.

Back