Revolution (for mites) - Needed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime654

Hello All,

A few weeks ago I went to pick up some litter for the boys but unfortunately they were out of yesterday's news so I stupidly chose another option. It wasn't care fresh but something similar, sort of a pelleted version of carefresh. Dont remember the name off hand.

Anyways, Ive noticed my boys have been scratching more then usually lately and im finding a series of cuts on their backs which I assume are from over gromming. Although their not missing patches of fur, Im assuming this is another case of mites (which I had the last time i used carefresh).

Sooo... Im hoping to aquire some Revolution. I know some have offered extra or soon to be expired bottles on here before and hoping to find someone in that situtation now. If not, maybe someone can offer a suggestion as to how to get some?

If no one has any available, I'll just make a vet appointment for next week. Im just worried they might offer something other then revolution (like a shot).

I have 4 males.

And although the vet is always an option, Im keeping it as a last resort. The one I visited previously doesnt sell Revolution without charging a fee for the visit (50$, and im not sure if thats per rat or I can take them in as a group) and mentioned something about a skin scrape for additional cost, then the cost of the revolution itself.

There are several in the Guelph area here on the boards, so if anyone knows a vet that sells revolution without a prescription or visit, I'd love a recommendation.

A vet isn't legally allowed to sell revolution if they have never seen your animals. Other than going to a vet the only place I have found it is the website Shelagh posted. I would suggest looking into finding a new vet, one that you can build a relationship with so that the next time this happens you have a vet that knows and trusts you so will probably sell it to you without an appointment.

i would sell you one of my tubes if you like, are you able to come here to get it though? (oakville/mississauga)

It's probably a really good idea to get into see a good vet in general anyhow and get them used to you and your rats. A good relationship with a vet is a wonderful thing to have but it does take time to build. I have a great vet who is willing to learn and talk to me now and we learn together and that is key.

Does anyone have any extra tubes of Revolution, that I can buy in the Toronto/GTA area? I think my rat might have mites.

dan2333 said:
Does anyone have any extra tubes of Revolution, that I can buy in the Toronto/GTA area? I think my rat might have mites.

It's really best to see a vet.

If your rat (or other pet) has seen that certian vet before, you should be able to buy a tube or two from them for that pet already in their system... no appt needed for diagnoses.

abazoo said:
If your rat (or other pet) has seen that certian vet before, you should be able to buy a tube or two from them for that pet already in their system... no appt needed for diagnoses.

It really depends on the vet. Some vets yes, some are sticklers. Mine I think will depending on the situation. It really is best to build up a relationship with your vet and that really does help.

Back