Returned after a While

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKritterz

I haven't been online or had any rats since 2014. I moved and I lost my rat space. My husband is allergic and I used to live in a place where I used our attached garage that was like a Finished garage (like a playroon) for my rats cause my husband didn't go in there. When I moved I relocated to area I couldn't have rats due to no place for them where my husband could t be around them. Well now the situation has changed again and I am once again able to have ratties not alot but a few. My husband said preferred 4 maybe 5 or Less.

I got 3 girls ( + 2 others )and Baby Male (Plus 2 other males) all from a Pet store. I know the owner and she cares for her animals there and they were way to cute to be feeders so she had asked if I knew anyone. I was gonna mention a rescue I know of but after discussed with my family first and we agreed to take thee 4 for our own and I would help find a Place for the others. I plan on getting my boy neutered OR I'll keep a Baby Boy (see below ) and just keep my cage seperated (Critter Nation)

The 1 Female she was pregnant when I took her cause she didn't have them sexed in time. She had babies 2 days later so far 12 healthy babies. I'm looking for pet homes for them. And the other 3 I'm hoping to find homes for. I have a few friends that are Rat lovers of I can figure out Travel arrangements.
Hopefully I can find homes for all. I'm starting now....they aren't a week old yet.

I have for girls:
Harley Quinn (Dumbo White with Blue Spots on Face)
Sage- (Dumbo Silver )
Miley- (Dumbo Black hooded)

Boy: Shiloh (white with Blue Face spot Rex )
Boy: Zulou (Black Masked Rex)

Last edited:
Great that you now have rats and that you were able to save some from becoming snake food (hope they were free). Glad you were able to get the girl before her babies were born.
Hope you are able to find good homes for the ratties.

Not to start an argument but I find the comment quoted below to be extremely offensive, especially on a rescue based forum that does not support rats being used as "feeders"

I know the owner and she cares for her animals there and they were way to cute to be feeders so she had asked if I knew anyone.

Hope you post lots of cute pics

Last edited:
I wasn't really sure what else to call them because that's what she called them. Thats why she wamted me to take them. Maybe my wording was wrong. I myaelf call them all cuties I dont nornally refer to them as that. I just didn't want them to be that Either. That's why I rescued them. :-(

Back