Rescue Rattie needs an angel helper Graphic Pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprite71

Hello
Jam this weekend helped me do a rescue of 2 rattie girls Icicing and Oreo. Now when she got there she was told the kids were playing with the ratties as a good bye of sorts. Now the rattie girl icicing had got herself in a reclining chair and one of the kids pulled her out and ripped her tail. It looks like the last quarter of her tail is ripped to the bone. Now I have been in touch with my vet and we have surgery schedualed Friday to remove most of the tail. We cant save alot but she will have a little one. Now I need a tad bit of help. Can anyone help get her to me from Hamilton and can someone toss a little donation to help her get the surgery. I can pay back promise :) Her surgery is going to cost around $200 which includes pre and post meds, surgery and vet fee. I would not normally ask but it seems that my luck of perfectly fine ratties has ended and I am in the process of opening a rattie account just for these incidences.

Any help is truly appreciated.. and Thanks in advance

She is an absolute sweetie - affectionate and calm. She is so brave with such a gross injury. The owner lady said she didn't even scream - they didn't notice anything was wrong until all the blood appeared. It's not bleeding now but the tip is kind of black.

we have her under drs order until friday when we go for amputation. I pick her up thursday morning. She is currently on polysporin which is dr ordered on the injury. Jam said she didnt seem in pain and certainly doesnt act like shes hurt. I am awaiting an update today to see how she is....

sprite71 said:
What would the dose be for the childrens tylenol

I am wondering the same thing.

I am so sorry this happened to you I know exactly how you feel. And I would donate surly if I wasn't trying to still pay back the vet for Sophee's tumor :( Good luck and prayers for you .

if you can get it, try to get the children's ibuprofen liquid instead like Motrin or Advil, as it is good for pain and inflammation as well.

First you need to buy the bottle, and see what mg/ml it is, then I will help you work out a dosage.

Ok I will grab that tomorrow, I usually have it on hand as I do have kids but the only thing I have here right now is Tempra. and yes my kids are way to old for it.. I bought it to use the dropper to feed a 2 wk old kitten who was sickly and not eating back in october.

I would love to help and send some money, but in the last 2 weeks I am after having to pay for two surgerys myself.

Back