Remy and Ryker- Rest in Peace Ryker

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
Ryker seems to have pulmonary abscesses. We have been medicating and trying to improve his life since he arrived. He is stable but on the weight loss trend. He has become best buds with most of the rats except for Jack our big black rat. He will sit in his tree and squeak at him if he tries to even come in, jack will in turn puff up at the door. Ryker lets Remy in when he is being nice, Remy likes to hump the boys LOL so he has to be on good behavior or Ryker will guard his door way.

1557514_10151888180986409_1187414141_n.jpg

Remy is a good weight and has his moments in the group. He tries to hump them which causes his butt to get whooped on LOL other than that they are doing well in the cage.

For the most part he is doing well. He lets the other nicer rats around him but he keeps the meaner ones away. Mostly they listen or i slap the cage when I see Jack being a bully. But Jack gets his own by little Gracie Momma of the handicap bubs. She lives in the cage below him, so she will climb to the top of the bars and huff and bite at him. She cannot even see him but it does not stop her crazy self from trying :) I know she has gotten him a few times but nothing major. She is just the police of the big cage.

Last edited:
Ryker looks like a sweetie pie. Despite his health, it sounds like he is content with his friends and his favorite tree stump hideout. I had a laugh about Gracie and Jack...mine will get under cages and try to do the same thing.

He seems fond of remy and emmett...those to sleep with him most. He sleeps a lot and has a wheezy sound from him but he seems ok. He makes the rules which is good. He isn't alpha but he don't let the alpha boss him around at all. I am happ he can live his days out with rats and that him and remy are always together. Remy cam with two other boys but he traded them in for ryker lol.

Ryker has been a sickly boy for a while now, Pretty much since he came here. Sadly I just found gone in the cage. He must of just passed just moments before. He was laying next to remy but now remy is alone. I gave him meds earlier and he was as he normally is. The poor boy but at least in the end he had a friend he spend most of his life alone. He was over 2 probably over 2.5 I have had them for a while. Rest well sweet boy it just broke my heart to see you left us.

Back