Reintroduction didn't go so well

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitneyb93

Some of you may have been involved with that topic but my Bubbles (unneutered male) beat up my Roy (unneutered male) and he got a pretty large gash. It's been about two weeks now and his neck wound is about 90% healed so I went ahead and washed both of the boys (separate) and put them in the empty bath for reintroductions. The bath part went well enough because they were most concerned with getting out but when I let them on the floor Roy seemed scared. He stayed by me and kept standing his ground even when Bubbles was only walking by. At one point Bubbles chased after him, which is when I separated them again.
I plan on neutering the both of them so I can put them with my girls and make a colony when I start getting paid at this new job but I'm afraid it won't work. (Bubbles also bit me a while back and I have permanent damage in that finger) My girls are significantly smaller and more frail than the boys so I'm nervous to take my chances with him with the girls even after neutering
Does anyone have any advice for me? I have considered just keeping him separate but he always looks so sad in that cage alone ):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Neutering changes the stressed out males. Before you worry about the what ifs, wait and see just how neutering will affect him. I've seen a rat lunge himself into the air to attack humans to becoming the sweetest most gentlest rat after his neuter.

Back