Recall on Iams cat and kitten food

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always put in my head anything sold at walmart is no good >.< in pet foods anyways lol

We feed the kittys wellness canned food only. They use to eat dry but reading more on what cats needs on a cat forum i found out that canned is better then dry food or even go raw like Dee but i can not afford raw now :( someday maybe ;)

I use to think also iams good brands thank goodness i never bought it.

Thanks for posting that Vanessa. I can't remember if I posted it already but just a reminder that P&G (who owns Iams and Eukanuba) now owns Natura Pet Products too (that is California Natural, Innova, EVO, Karma Dog Food and HealthWise) It's a real shame because I used to toot them as the best commercial dry food on the planet that title no falls to Petcurean's Go! Grain-Free formulas (not the Now!).

If the food is sold at Wal-mart, your local grocery store, or advertised on TV it should never go in your animal's mouth.

sausage4ever said:
I can't remember if I posted it already but just a reminder that P&G (who owns Iams and Eukanuba) now owns Natura Pet Products too (that is California Natural, Innova, EVO, Karma Dog Food and HealthWise)
I agree, it's too bad that that happened. I used to like EVO but not anymore. Another brand I've success with is Orijen. Jade loves it (she's picky about her food and she hardly ever emptied her bowl before I switched her over to it) and the improvements were quite impressive. She used to have problems with her eyes and ears and her fur had been scraggly (I didn't notice at the time, but within 2 weeks it had filled out nicely) But since she's been on Orijen, her eyes and ears have been almost normal.

But yeah, Iams is crap, as are the majority of commercial brands. I wish I had the money and resources to feed raw, but unfortunately I don't at the moment. One day...

...Thankfully my ferrets eat EVO cat/kitten dry food.
[Almost identical the the ferret formula, but cheaper haha!]

And the kittens I am rescuing will be eating that too.

My old cat used to eat Iams. Then after he died I because obsessed with what my animals eat.
So my ferrets are on EVO and my dog is on Blue Buffalo.

Back