Re-intros (day six)...new location (tub to couch)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hprats

So, my boys did so well on their fifth day of intros, that when their day 6 of intros in the tub went so well for 30-40 minutes, I decided to upgrade their location to the couch. They've all been on the couch...in pairs.

Their scuffles have turned from fights that scare me, to quiet wrestling and boxing matches.

Peter, Albus, and Neville are doing great. They're the three in my display picture. Fred and Neville are doing well, but they've been together since the week after I adopted Fred. Fred and Albus are fine too, it's all Peter-Fred...they're the two I split them all up for...their fights got way out of control.

So now I wanna know when I can put them together on familiar ground. The couch is only semi-familiar. They've all been on it before, but they usually free range in their own room, so that's where I expect the territorial behaviours to show up.

I don't want to go backwards and lose progress.

Also, in the tub they had a bunch of new toys. Just cardboard boxes, a full roll of toilet papers, an empty paper tower roll. Nothing they had touched before though.

They did great on the couch.

Do the couch for about 4 days, then try familiar ground. Don't get discouraged if you have to move back to the couch for a few more days.

Back