Ratty Shopping/First Aid List?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TorachiKatashi

So, after I had my scare with Oskar and his tail (which is doing much better now, thank goodness), I realized that there are a lot of things that people keep around their house for "just in case" moments that I don't have around. So far what I have on my list is:

- Baby Ibuprofen
- Ensure
- Baby Food/Cereal

What else is good to have on hand, for emergencies or otherwise? I'd hate to have something happen like last weekend (i.e. someone have an accident the night before a holiday) where I can't get out to buy what I need until a few days later.

A needle-less syringe, baby food, oatmeal, eyedropper, nutri-cal, echinacea & goldenseal tincture, soy milk, Manuka Honey, liquid bandages and quick powder is what I have in my cabinet. :3

You have the basic 3

I also keep a notebook (or spreadsheet on the computer - I do notebook... it doesn't crash lol) to keep a rattie journal. I record all the weights once a month (or so I had tried, I am a bit behind), their medications (what I gave to who, when and how much) and also behaviors if I notice something odd (when it began, what happened etc).

I also have a bottle of saline solution or wound wash just in case there is an open wound that needs to be flushed. And a snuggle-safe heating pad in case someone needs the warmth and they cant stay in my sweater the whole time...

Ummm, I think thats all lol

OH pediatric electrolyte replacement in grape flavor in case of dehydration... I can't tell you how this saved my butt with one of my rats :)

Back