Rattie walking low to the ground. What's wrong with her?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's extremely difficult and at some point it does feel like we are being selfish by prolonging their life... that's a decision you need to make, one you need to be comfortable with. But honestly, I don't think there's a wrong answer here. She's had a great life, if you bring her in now, it's good or if you wait to say your goodbyes, that's ok too. (((hugs)))

It is a hard decision to make. I bring mine in when they stop eating or breathing becomes difficult for them. Thinking of you and your sweetie.

Thank you everyone.
I had the doctor come to my house and she was PTS today. Unfortunately, she has a fighter spirit and the passing did not go well. She refused to go to sleep....it took a very long time. But she is at peace now. I gave her a light bath and I'm going to keep her here for the night and then take her to be cremated tomorrow morning.

She will be with her sister Feather now. Painfree and able to run around and play again.

Thank you Ratshack community for all of your help. I have learned so much from all of you. It will be a while before I get rats again...it's too painful to lose them so quickly. But I will again when I'm healed and ready. My ratties taught me about unconditional love, trust and compassion. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have been blessed with my ratties and I am forever changed.

Love to you all-
M :heart:

Back