Rattakiss Revolt.......HELP PLEASE!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

Hi My 8 ratties just informed me that if I stop feeding them Harlan Food they will start picketing until they get what they demand. :cry4: I am almost out and I need to find out where to buy more or I will be in BIG trouble!! :batbeat: Can anyone out there help? I live in Toronto. Thanx
Tobelerone wants Harlan NOW!! :rant:

I was given the site by someone else on the forums...
http://www.uoguelph.ca/research/caf/pet ... ndex.shtml
its on the right hand site of the page. And, they just got a new shipment of Harlan in today too! So I'm going to be picking mine up either Thursday or Friday :)
Hmm, I emailed Panos to ask about getting harlan, but now they have a new contact email on the site for a Michelle W, I guess it doesn't matter who you email.

Thanx again for all your input. :D I live in Toronto and my husband says that it is way too far to drive for rat food. (he doesn't really like my rattakisses) Is there a place closer that I could buy It? :cry4: or is anyone driving up that way/ and I could pick it up at a location closer? Due to my disability I am unable to drive. :wallbang: I would really appreciate any help. My rattakisses say thankyou. :heart: :heart:

I haven't much Harlan left and I NEED to get more. Anyone who has read my other posts from last year remembers what a trying and costly time I had with my ratties. I NEED to keep them healthy and happy as to not up my already staggering vet bill. I still owe $1300.00 to my husband for 2008. My rattakisses are so happy and healthy that I don't want them eating anything else. PLEASE HELP!! :gaah:

Unfortunately it's not sold at any stores, so unless a member is willing to sell you a bag they already own, you may be out of luck.

It can be ordered online from a few places in the states. Would that be an option??

Pet stores can't carry it, it can only be bought from the U of Guelph or from Harlan themselves, but you need to order $1000 worth, and then it needs to be picked up at one of their warehouses.

My girls do very well on Oxbow Regal Rat which can be a bit hard to find also but is definitely available. Most rats do not like it as much as Harlan though. Some vet clinics carry it, and some stores do. Occasionally you can find it at Global/Ryan's pet foods. It is a bit on the pricey side but is very good quality.

Some Pet Valu stores still carry the Hagen Extrusion hamster blocks, which also work as a rat block. Apparently it can be found at some Wal-Mart stores, and I think someone said they even saw it at Zellers.

Oh and MumsyRat used to stock up on Harlan and sell it, and could sometimes even deliver for a small fee. Try PMing her, but I don't know if she still does that.

How long is your current supply going to hold out?

I went to U of G last month and got 10 bags. I'd be happy to pass on one of mine if you like. The catch is that their stock was a bit old so you would have to store it in a freezer if you can. They are not getting new stock until sometime in March.

I'm live in Barrie, work in Bradford. Either we can arrange to meet somewhere or I could drop it off to you next time I'm in Toronto. I'm not sure when that will be though.

Your other option would be to go to Ren's and buy your little stinkers some Mazuri. They won't like it as much but they'll eat it when they get hungry enough.

Many Many thankyou's to Mumsyrat :heart: :cuddle: I have a freezer and some hungry rattakisses that will be VERY happy to eat their Harlan again. Thanx to all for there support!! Have I told you lately that I love you guys? :cheeky: I would be LOST without you!!

Back