Rats vs. Humans - Grade school

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Continued from http://www.jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight= Sheep are smarter than we give them credit for!

All critters are smarter than we give them credit for.

MATH - They may be missing some math sklills tho I doubt it. Give a rattie a piece of potato chip. He will immediately weight it's size and decide whether it's worth hauling back to the cage to eat there or stash, or eat it right there. Vary the size of the chip - you will find they actually are dealing with it according to it's size.

ENGLISH - They may not have the language skills - but it is shown over & over that they know what is going on with us without the words. They know when we are in depressed or stressed states. They certainly sense when we feel fear or intimidation - anybody's dog is on the alert when there is a stress situation..

SOCIAL STUDIES - Geography. We've all heard the stories of cats & dogs finding (& surviving) - their way home after being left a kazillion miles away. Even finding their way to a new home their people moved to that they'd never been to.] And as far as studying people they are better at knowing who to trust than we are.

SCIENCE Humans are using them for all kinds of things that we can't do, from dogs finding bloodtrails or godeies in murder cases to rats finding bombs in fields.

GYM No contest, I'm not jumping up and crawling upside-down across the top of a cage to the entrance when I could have just walked there..

ARTWho knows? There's an elephant and a chimp that are making a fortune from humans selling their paintings. They surely do like to do home decoration, it begins whenever I've just messed things up cleaning the cage.

HOME ECONOMICS You can't be much more economical than building the the greatest structures since the pyramids in newspaper.

These are the classes we had when I went to school (sure, in the dark ages :D ). But the basics.

I just saw on CNN that monkeys outdid college kid in memory speed too.

Back