Rats fighting and blood drawn

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewolf_dead

I have 4 female rats in a well sized cage. All rats are bonded and from the same breeder and close in age. My assumably olded (Clementine) and youngest (Sadie) fight alot but usually break up fast with no injuries. However today I noticed Clementine had a bad bite/scratch by her shoulder blade. Im now concerned because its the first injury to my furred rats. I cant really tell what they are fighting over as it only happens at night and all 4 cuddle together all day. Clementine is only mean during treat times wether i hand it to them or they forage Clem takes others but kicks them away if they get too close while she eats. However Sadie is insistent on eating right next to Clem and will even try to take it from her. I don’t really know if there’s anything i can do to fix the fighting if i dont know the actual cause. Worse comes to worse i split the cage and have pairs but id hate to make the other 2 sad. Clem is the white one and Sadie is the dark brown one
3E55F9BE-C626-47E6-B818-99965F325042.jpeg
918DFDB2-465A-41CE-B2DD-60209909DEDB.jpeg
710D79E8-D192-4064-B95B-CA88175ADB4D.jpeg

Back