Rats at play. lotsopics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
I decided it was time to start enjoying my rats again. After my many losses, I stopped taking pics and stopped truly enjoying them. Fearing my heart would never mend, I decided it was time to love them again and not simply play nursemaid to them.
Today was a great out time. Both sets had a lot of fun, I've bought them extra toys too.
So here are the pics, they are from the young crew. I have the other crew on video which I will soon upload.

The cages:

playplace2.jpg

The play area:

playplace3_edited-1.jpg

playplace_edited-1.jpg

New tube found at IKEA:

AnnaBanana_edited-1.jpg

Blue having fun on the bag holder filled with soft squeaky balls:

Blue_edited-1.jpg

Blue in the Frog found at IKEA in the children's department:

froggy_edited-1.jpg

Peekaboo Jack!

Jackpeekaboo_edited-1.jpg

Old favorites, the octoplay:

Noodleoctoplay_edited-1.jpg

Ferret tubes:

Jacktubes_edited-1.jpg

Blue attacking the feather:

bluefeather_edited-1.jpg

Bunny was having fun running up and down the stairs:

Bunnyhop_edited-1.jpg

The ferretboat with Julia:

Ferretboat_edited-1.jpg

Random pics of the younguns:

Fleur:

Fleur_edited-1.jpg

Jet:

Jet_edited-1.jpg

Julia:

Julia_edited-1.jpg

Jack:

Jack_edited-1.jpg

Noodle:

Noodle_edited-1.jpg

Prue:

Prue_edited-1.jpg

Roxanne:

Roxanne_edited-1.jpg

Sheela:

Sheela2_edited-1.jpg

These little ones are truly a joy to be with, they have no fear, they are super happy and play like mad!!
mamarat and morats have done the best job ever in socializing them and making them so happy and feeling comfortable and secure. :heart:

I was hoping to see a post like this one of these days. :joy:

Those babies are just a delight!!. And as I always say..."if I come back as a rat, I want to be one of yours..."

My Sheela is looking expecially lovely today. :cheeky:

They are so beautiful.......look at my baby Charlie....so handsome. I love him..... :heart:
Little Blue looks like my Tabatha.... :heart:
Oh and there are Fleur and Prue....and Noodle, Julia, Jet, Roxanne and Sheela :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I love them all.......
Aren't babies raised with lots of love so sweet. It is so much fun playing with them.
I am so happy you are enjoying your sweeties.....I know things have been beyond difficult.....
Give all those babies a kiss for me.....especially Jack!!
Oh and could you sneak over and give Charlie and Louie a smooch for me to..... :wink2:

Thanks guys!

That little Sheela is quite the little love. Shelagh, she's your namesake alright, she is very social and doesn't let anything bother her, she doesn't even let the older girls' moods affect her at all.

Here's the video:

[youtube:30gp86yk]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iowElZ1uBak&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iowElZ1uBak&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:30gp86yk]

Beautiful, beautiful babies, Jo! It's so nice to see you in good spirits again, too!

Isn't IKEA a veritable, rattie toy wonderland? Since I joined this Forum, I'm seeing everything in a brand new light! :D

Awww..the adult bunch are fast and camera shy...gonna have to work with them on that. :cheeky: I kept hoping to see Captain (one of my fav's) and would only see a flash of white...

But then the young skitterbugs come out and I start to laugh and laugh at their antics...I imagine its a ton better in person! :laugh4:

Good to see both your crews having such a great time! :thumbup:

Wow! That's some setup. I had wondered when we would see the ladies and gents of the rat shack.
"Shack" is not the word. I think "palace" was the term you were looking for :stickpoke:

Great pics, Jo! Thanks! :heart:

That shot of Bunny is amazing!

When my rats dream of going to heaven they're really dreaming about going to Jo's house! :angel:

Aww Noodle! I love seeing that girl! All the babies are SO BIG now! What a great looking bunch.

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy your babies again... *hugs*

Randomrat said:
Where did you get the green mat thing in the third picture?
Isn't it awesome? Those are new! And are made by our very own javakittie! I'm saving up for one! And a set of her Ferret Nation liners ... And some tunnels ... And a chew rope (or two) ... And more hammockses (because one can never have too many) ... And cuddle cups ... AND A RAT SACK!!! Did I miss anything? :wink:

Everyone looks like they are having a blast, Jo. I wish I could do out time like that. Hopefully one day soon

PiedPiper, you're getting as bad as me. We'll have to start a new section of the Forum called Hammoholics Anonymous, with a 12-step program.

Jorats' play area is an inspiration to us all!

Back