Ratbedroom!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are in my living room.....in my very small living room with my computer, TV, two large dog bed and three rat cages....LOL.I will try and get a picture....but it is a bit embarrassing :wink:

My rats are in the dining area. :)

Damn you have a lot of animals in such a small room. :eek: :lol: Why have you bars for your window?

It is very cozy and we all love being together....the rats don't mind the cats or many dogs I have in the house ( I run a doggy daycare and board dogs in my home).......I am very careful with the rats and keep them safe.....the cats are put in my room while the rats are in the playpen but they are fine with them being in their cages they never pay any attention to them. We all live together as one big family.....
animals139.jpg

when I get my new cage and everyone gets living together I will re-arrange my room...I like the cage to be next to my computer desk....where the girls cage is now...I don;t like Syd and the boys being on the other side of the room. But hubby wants Sydney next to his chair...he feeds her tidbits...he isn't allowed to do that with the babies......So we will all probably end up over by the window.......

Hubby doesn't want to move the Internet connection now cause he says it is to cold to crawl under the mini home....what a wimp!!! :roll:

Its an old pic (like 3 years old), this pic is of the time i switched from girls to boys, i had 1 old lady and a castrated guy in the right cage (terenziani) and my 4 guys in the furet xl. after this i had only the xl for a while and then the tower for 15 months and now a have a selfmade cage. But they all stould/stand on the same spot. :)

eethoek.jpg

Very nice! I love how everything has it's place.

*looks at room*

I suppose you could see the entire thing. :p It keeps changing look-wise, but the layout is about the same. Their cage is under my desk. :p

Left side of room
IMG_4958.jpg

Door/Closet on left side of room
IMG_4959.jpg

Closet/Part of loft on right side
IMG_4960.jpg

The desk I use. The other one the ratties play on. They live under this. :p
IMG_4956.jpg

RAT CAGE! (This was before Izzie and Preston; it doesn't look like that anymore).
IMG_6202.jpg

Under the loft (which I don't seem to have a picture of...)
IMG_4963.jpg

Mmm basically! When I am finally home later this month it will be totally different because I won't be living in the dorms any longer. YAY!!!

Cait you're aloud to have rats in a dorm? or do they know you have them ? lol I know at STU we coldn't have anything but a fish which sucked so I didn't get the ratties till my 3rd year when I was in an apt. I guess there was a girl in Vanier Hall that brought her ternachela and it got lose! lol How crazy would that be, get up to go pee and see this massive spider crawl across the floor. They never did find it either lol creepy!

Oh hmmm no, we're not supposed to have anything but fish.

:D

But I am super super careful and I've had rats in here since... When did I get Mikey? Early December, I think? So at least this entire semester. I always keep my door locked (even when I'm in it) and when someone is at the door I just open it slightly and poke my head out. Only 2 people know about my rats, and that's because they were there when I got Mikey (and they love playing with the three I have now). But I am very careful to never let it slip I have rats. It's made me quite a liar to my RA... She saw me (and so did EVERY OTHER RA in the building) coming up with their cage (it was empty) and it was covered with a blanket... So instead of arousing wonderment I just tossed the cage down, whipped of the blanket and explained how I got it for my rabbit on Craigslist in Skidmore for 5 bucks and "Wasn't that a steal?!" and they bought it utterly and completely...

I can't imagine if there was a spider running loose.... 0.o I am sure someone would find it eventually... I am so glad that even if the rats did get loose, they couldn't fit under the door and there is no way they could get out (the walls are concrete and the closets metal).

I did the same thing with Hunter and Thompson in first year....they were terriffic company in res....

That and the time i had my dog there...and someone elses dog....

oh the joys of the gound-level blacony

Back