rat with late onset megacolon help(with pictures now)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't give her the prune baby food, so the other rats can enjoy that poop inducing treat, LOL

Oiling her up is a good idea, if you use salmon oil or something like that you get the added benefit of the omegas :)

Joanne said:
Teeheehee, to eat. Otherwise you'd never catch her *Squirt!* :laugh4:
LOL

Yes, to eat. Helps keeps things slippery and moving her along. I worded that stupidly before, sorry!

The monoject syringe is something you can pick up from your regular doctor or more likely a dentist. We've used them to irrigate puncture wounds before at the humane society and I have about 3 of them from where I had some oral surgery done. Best bet, I'd say is head to the dentist or if you're lucky enough to have an oral surgeon around ask them about getting one. The tip on the monoject is reeeally slim, and is about 2 inches long.

lilangel said:
where can i get this type of syringe?
318fvQDA9LL._SS500_.jpg
I get mine from my vet. Most small animal vets carry them.

I emailed my vet and hoping he has some for sale.

I do not go to dentists so thats really out of thee question >.< or doctors for that matter >.<

If anything i will have to try and buy one online i guess :cry4: if i can.

Also going to ask mother in law(hubbies dad's girlfriend) if she can find me one;she works in the health care field.

I've used one of those on my GP. I got it from the vet. Go ask yours....perhaps they'll give you one.

lj said:
I've used one of those on my GP. I got it from the vet. Go ask yours....perhaps they'll give you one.

Thanks LJ but sadly she passed away today.

But my vet did email me back and told me he can also order some in for me too lol so i think i may get some to keep on hand if i ever need them again

Back