rat survey =P

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button&Truffle

1) what was the worst injury your rat(s) suffered from?
2) what original toy do your rats own?
3) what is the cutest name you picked for one of your rats?
4) what is a cute thing your rat did?
5) what characteristics do your rats have?
6) what was the nottyest thing your rats did?
7) what food does your rat like best?
8) extra info about your rats!

you can formulate those answers into a scentence =) i know my post is strange but i love reading about people's rats!

The worst injury my rat Truffle had, was when my dad closed the cage on her fingers! i felt so bad it made me cry!
I hang a teddybead in my rats cage, and they use it as a hammock... i wish i had one in my room! i have two rats, button and truffle, and i personally prefer the name Truffle, since it is my favorite desert, and Truffle is brown! My rats do tons of cute things, but i adore it when they (especially button) stick their noses into my ear! it's adorable! My rat truffle is more daring and calm... i know it sounds strange. She will run around less, but do more dangerous tricks. Button is more sociable and active. she's much less frightened than her sister! My rats are rarely notty, but when they are, it is funny! i usually put my back against my bed corner so that they dont go into the corner, and when they climb onto my shoulder and try to get through, i put them down and say: no. and they seem to find it funny, since they do it over and over again! My rats fav. food is... everything i guess!
<3vh

1) The worst injury...well I guess it wasn't an injury, my Rhys had a diseased eye or at least we think it was and his eye had to be removed.

2) No Toy that I can think of.

3) Cutest name so far for me was Pinky and the Brain

4) Oh, when all the girls were sleeping on the top shelf of the cage and Cotton was bringing up her carefresh bedding about 3 pieces at a time. It was soo cute, she would get all the to the top, put the chunks in her mouth down gentley on or near the other girls and then run back to the bottom for more...

5) Cora and Minnie are very shy. Cotton and Blue are sisters, when they are out in the bathroom with me they just want to be where I am, but if they escape their cage they are very hard to catch. Rose is also a bit shy but she is shy in the way she is always the last rat to try something new. Teddy and Gunther are complete lovers. Teddy LOVES getting out of his cage where Gunther takes his time. Casper is still new to me and so I don't really know him that well. Rhys loves to go go go, but when he's running around my bed he rubs against me all the time, its soo cute! Then my old lady Suri, she has a mind of her own and what ever she wants to do she does...lol

6) The naughtyest thing my rats have done, was when I borrowed a sweater from my cousin and it dropped on their cage....they chewed a huge hole in it. The same thing happened to my most favoritest pair of pants :cry3:

7) My rats love chocolate ensure, baby food applesause, and tomatos....lots of other things too!

1) worst injury....When Misty ripped here back toe nail off in the middle of the night and made the cage look like something out of a horror movie.

2)one toy my girls have allways had and is still one one peice is an old poples teddybear they love to curlup and sleep in the little pouch.

3)cuties name for for me so far would be Boo. My some loves halloween and we named our white dumbo Boo like what a ghost would say.

4)Cutest thing I have had my girls do is when Misty fell asleep with my husband upside down. All you could see was fur and little pink feet beside my husbands head.

5)If I had to pick one word to discride my girls it would be playful. One of there favorite games is tag. Tag with 3 rats and one mommy hand leads to a bunch of laughs

6)nottyest thing would be Abbys walk abouts! She is allways finding her way out of the cage and going for a walk. Allways finding her under the dish washer >.<

7)My girls go nuts over unsalted pumpkin seeds which is not an easy thing to find in my area.

1) The worst injury ...
Do not know how it happened ... fall in the cage?
Jonathan's upper jaw was broken so badly he had to be pts. :sad3:

1) Shortly after I got my first colony of rescue rats I dropped a baby - it died.

2) Nothing survives my rats!

3) Mrs. Romanov - she was a Russian Blue.

4) I had a rat named Blue Guy who was an upstairs free ranger. When he wanted attention he would waddle over to the top of the steps, peek between the banister rails and makes grunting noises at me.

5) Independence. I have a lot of rats and not enough time for them all so I leave cage doors open and let them run around.

6) Got into the laundry and chewed up my son's favourite t-shirt (that he bought in Costa Rica).

7) Banana's, sweet potatoes and Milupa baby cereal.

Button&Truffle said:
Kori had a large gash on her leg, I'm not sure what it was from.
What do you mean? One of the first toys I got was a plastic igloo, which is one of the few old toys they like/use. I've also made them stuff.
I think Riff. Yuki is also pretty darn cute.
Exist.
Which ones... how many.... what do you mean? Um... they're amazing? I dunno.
Calvin pulled a cow of an earring, while it was in my ear. It hurt!
Bananas and yogurt.
8) extra info about your rats!
They're nutty.
you can formulate those answers into a scentence =) i know my post is strange but i love reading about people's rats!

I've been pretty lucky with my rats and injuries...I'd have to say the worst has been when Blue recently tore a fingernail off...but it only bled for a second, and she was too anxious to get back into the cage (it was treat time) to even notice what she had done lol.
You know how some things are packed in styrofoam? Well, I had something (I can't even remember what) what was packed in cardboard...the cardboard looked like little mini castles, so I cut a door in them and the ratties love them!
Dipper for the reason behind it - my boyfriend and I lived a few hours apart for a year and when we'd be on the phone, he would say that he could see the big dipper, and I would look in the sky and find it and we would feel closer (awwww - cheesy, I know, but hey, I'm a hopeless romantic!). When we got Remy and Dipper, Robin had the job of naming dipper and he named her such because she had a little white 'star' on her forehead and she was the older of the two so she was our Big Dipper :)
I also like Mouchette...I think that's a cute name :)
Well, Mouchette only had only 3 babies when I brought her home pregnant...that was awesome lol. I'm pretty sure that everything my rats do is adorable. But lately, I would have to say the cutest thing would be Delilah deciding she is an 'adult'. I have a little cage sitting on top of the FN...Apparently, Delilah can still squeeze through the bars of the FN, so she did, and moved into the little cage. She spends about 80% of her time hanging out in her little flat and comes out now and then to hang out with her "little" sisters lol.
They all have their separate personalities:
-Remy is the queen. She is the oldest and most spoiled and knows it. She is a fat and lazy dumbo, and I love her to death :) She's a real daddy's girl.
-Blue is the skittish one who will only respond to me. People who visit think she is mean and I can never understand why because she loves me :)
-Bear is just a big cuddly bear.
-Mouchette was very hormonal when I took her home (because she was evidently pregnant) and so wasn't very friendly, but now that she's had her babies and they have grown, she has become quite the loveable rat
-Splinter is Mouchette's only son - unlike most rough and tumble boys, Splinter would be perfectly content if he could sit on your shoulder all day and give you kisses all day. He's a mamma's boy.
-Elly is shy but very loving. She loves her green igloo but also loves to say hi :)
-Delilah is my little independent girl...Elly and Delilah are both Mouchette's daughters.
When Mouchette hid her babies in the wall...That was not cool. We had to cut a hole in the wall to get them out...
They LOVE peas and dry pasta :)

- Luckily enough a toe nail ripping off. Poor Willow, Olivia took it worse then her by freaking out.
- I think the baby chain I bought them.
- I think all the names are cute :) that and I have only had 6 rats
- Cute and a little annoying, Pearl likes to bite toes of rats that are running on top of the cage. Tee Hee
- Oh so many:
Ruby can beat anyone down even though she's the smallest
Hazel LOVES to horde food and make the bed
Lily just has a warm loving heart in my opinion
Pearl is my goof ball, likes to act silly
Olivia is very moody, she takes things to heart and her pride is wounded easily
Willow is a fun loving baby girl, she just loves!
Lily was obsessed with peeling paint off the wall and Hazel liked to pull at the carpet in our one apartment
Those crossients from Petsmart

The worst I can think of recently was when my boy Sparrow started bleeding from his mouth - his tongue somehow got injured and I had to rush him to the vet. Luckily it healed up nicely with no complications! The vet thought he might lose part of his tongue at first, and was relieved come Monday to have good news.

Hmm... I think they've destroyed almost everything I get them. Sooner or later it is chewed to bits :roll:

For boys, I think the name Bobo and Mooshi are adorable, those were my biggest boys names. For girls I think Ella and Luna are amongst my favorites. I like all my rats names, so it's hard to pick the cutest one :)

My two old rats, Sparrow and George, curled up together and used each other as pillows the very first night they were in the same cage together. My boy I used to have, Pickles, loved to pick up cat jingle balls and carry them around everywhere in the cage with him!

Depends on the rat, lol. I have rats that range from a complete buttery ball of sweetness, to a warrior bully rat! (coughAddiecough). They all seem to have their special quirks, or little things they like to do. When George wants my attention she will chew on the bars until I come over. One of my girls named Cocoa is a 'screaming banshee' rat! She's very reactive and is extremely vocal, making my rat cage very loud and noisy.

George escaped from a carrier and got lost in the basement. My girls chewed a big hole in our couch. :roll:

Banana flavored baby cereal ranks amongst their favorites.

Broken foot - I'm not sure what happened but it was heartbreaking. Oliver has since recovered but walks a bit funny.

The only toy they have not destroyed is their ferret ball and I've had it now for 10 years.

I would have to say my first rat Alice.

They are always doing cute things! But, I use love catching Emily sleeping on her back in the hammock.

They are packed with their own distinct personalities.

Chewed a hole on my mom's leather couch. Now when I visit with the rats, they are not permitted out of their travel cage.

Peas and banana

1) what was the worst injury your rat(s) suffered from? I took in a rescue that had one of his rear legs missing, the other rear leg was compounded fracture, and his pelvis was broken in two places. When we got him in we could not even tell what colour he was. He ended up having countless amount of surgeries for his legs and we ended up having the pleasure of his company for a year, when he passed from total kidney renal failure. His name was Captain Jack.
2) what original toy do your rats own? Zoolander owns my bed!
3) what is the cutest name you picked for one of your rats? Lugnut! We always got a smile out of people when we told them his name.
4) what is a cute thing your rat did? This is a hard one, with having so many rats, they all seem to do cute things. If I look at most recent cute things, it has to be Zoolander with his wrestling, and cuddle sessions.
5) what characteristics do your rats have? I have too many to list.
6) what was the nottyest thing your rats did? When I first got Zoolander, he chewed my entire sleeping bag up, it is now his to enjoy and make my room look like it snowed in it from all the fluff he pulls out!
7) what food does your rat like best? Zoolander loves anything that I am eating weather it be in my mouth or on the way to my mouth, he will try to rip it out and away from me. He vocalizes his displeasure when I do not give in!

RunzwithRatz said:
1) what was the worst injury your rat(s) suffered from? I took in a rescue that had one of his rear legs missing, the other rear leg was compounded fracture, and his pelvis was broken in two places. When we got him in we could not even tell what colour he was. He ended up having countless amount of surgeries for his legs and we ended up having the pleasure of his company for a year, when he passed from total kidney renal failure. His name was Captain Jack.

You are an amazing person to give Captain Jack such a wonderful home!

Here is a picture of Captain Jack and DeeDee
I was heartbroken when I lost him at the emergency vet.....
829918952_l.jpg

1) What was the worst injury your rat(s) suffered from?
Definitely Denny when he broke his femur. *shakes head* I still have no idea how he did it.

2) What original toy do your rats own?
They pretty much ruin everything or ever since the strep I had to throw out a lot of their old toys. :(

3) What is the cutest name you picked for one of your rats?
Well I think all of their names are cute, but I have to say Iris has the cutest name.

4) What is a cute thing your rat did?
They're all full of cute things! What Denny does though, which I find the cutest, is in the morning he watches me go around getting ready, and he knows that when I'm done, I'll let him out to run on the bed while I fix breakfast... and he just waits SO patiently, and as soon as he sees me heading over, he clings to their door just SO ready to be out! Janie is my licky girl, and it's adorable when she gives kisses. :heart:

5) What characteristics do your rats have?
I have a rat with just about every trait ever known to rat, LOL! I have squishes, I have rambunctious teens, I have hormonal boys, licky girls, cuddlers, "hands off" rats, observers, loveys... It goes on!

6) What was the nottyest thing your rats did?
It's hard to say... they really aren't that naughty, which is kind of odd. They really should be more naughty. :p Though once, Denny nested in a bag of tortilla chips that I was eating. That was pretty naughty!

7) What food does your rat like best?
Anything banana or peanut butter-ish! They never leave Ensure for too long. LOL!

8 ) I love them... And I can't even think about what my life would be like without them. They're my babies. :heart:

1) What was the worst injury your rat(s) suffered from?
Placid hurt his shoulder (I don't know how he did it), He didn't use his front leg for four days but once he has some painkillers from the vet he came right very quickly

2) What original toy do your rats own?
I have had rats for 7 years, I have nothing original left :doh:

3) What is the cutest name you picked for one of your rats?
BeeZee. We didn't know what to name our new baby, my husband called him Burt to wind my daughter up as she DIDN'T want him to be called Burt and she tried calling him Zinc but it wouldn't fit and Burt was starting to stick :giggle: so my other daughter suggested the B from Burt and and Z from Zinc.

4) What is a cute thing your rat did?
they all do lots of cute things, at the moment Penny has taken over a tube in the cage and when she is in it and one of the boys go in it, they back out pretty quick :lol:
and Struass didn't like to be patted and if I put my hand in a cube when he was in it, he would pick up my finger with his teetn and front feet and gently put my hand out, and my children would toss a small toy into the cube and he would push it out and this would carry on for some time :laugh4:

5) What characteristics do your rats have?
I have had 16 rats and they have all been different but I have never had a very aggresive rat. some have been so sweet and some lazy,
Ferrari was called that cause everywhere he went everywhere at a fast run.

6) What was the nottyest thing your rats did?
Ferrari one time was burrowing down beside me, I thought he was just trying to push me away, when I picked him up he had chewed a hole in my top, my jeans and the sofa cushions :gaah:

7) What food does your rat like best?
peas, breakfast, egg

The worst injury would be when Jazz used to bite herself when she lived by herself. Silly emo rat. :p

A lobster trap turned into a rat playground

Jazz, Milly, Maggie, Nattie, Bambi and Beauty. If it wasn't a cute name then they wouldn't have them :p

What isn't cute? Recently though Nattie woke me up after she escaped from the FN, Milly let me give her belly rubs, Jazz slept on my shoulder, Maggie and Bambi groomed my hands for like ever and Beauty hid in my hair & bruxed the whole time.

Jazz: bold, adventurous, curious, friendly, sweet, quite a character
Milly: crazy, weird, friendly, curious
Maggie: shy in new situations, sweet, kissy
Nattie: shy with people, likes to explore/escape, hyper, fast
Bambi: pretends to be bossy, loves to eat, sweet
Beauty: shy, likes to eat, brux-y

Chew up my comforters, escape and steal my cookie.

So long as it is edible they eat it. But they love any baked goods and they LOVE chocolate.

8) Extra Info?
They make my life whole, best pets ever, messy in a cute way, best friends ever.

Back