Rat Shack Fest 2011 Where?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where?

• 1. Garson (Greater City of Sudbury)

• 2. Port Perry

• 3. High Park in Toronto.

• 4. Other and please specify.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A LOT of people will already have camping/cottaging/family plans on those long weekends.

I would not be able to do Canada day, I am pretty much guaranteed to be boarding dogs.

I am really hoping to make it this year. July would be better for me, even June. Avoiding long weekends might be better so that roads would be less crowded and motels cheaper. I will go with the flow.

Ok... so what about a poll using July 16th, 23rd and Aug 13th and 20th? Do we want to add anymore dates? These are all Saturdays. The poll could include Saturdays and Sundays. so July 16, 17, 23 and 24, Aug 13, 14, 20 and 21.

Zooy said:
Moon said:
I think we should just go ahead and aim for the July dates, I REALLY want to meet Godmother :D
:thumbup:

Aw shucks, **blushes** , thanks! I really want to meet you, too. It has been hard seeing the Rat Shack photos from a distance!

If I make it, I will have to be on my best behaviour. No hammock-napping!!

Godmother said:
Zooy said:
Moon said:
I think we should just go ahead and aim for the July dates, I REALLY want to meet Godmother :D
:thumbup:

Aw shucks, **blushes** , thanks! I really want to meet you, too. It has been hard seeing the Rat Shack photos from a distance!

If I make it, I will have to be on my best behaviour. No hammock-napping!!

I'll do whatever is in my power to get you out here Godmother!

My 2 cents worth is that I could do any of the locations so long as it's on a Sunday. If it's in Garson I can offer rides to 2 or 3 people from the GTA. Maybe we could go up on Saturday evening and spend the night. I have a couple of tents but I'm not adverse to sharing a motel/hotel room either.

Well, so far all the options are several hours travel for me...if I'm going to go the 4-5 hours to Port Perry or Toronto, it would make little difference to me to go another hour or 2 to Garson. It really doesn't matter to me :) I'm still not sure if I'm even going to be able to go at all. My family has a really bad habit of leaving all plans to the last minute, so I have no idea if something will pop up or not. I'm going to try really hard to make it this year!

Is anybody else from Ottawa planning on going? I don't have a car, so I'll probably be taking a Greyhound or something, unless somebody is offering rides (I'd help with gas, obviously)

I was making plans to be able to go again this year, but those seemed to have been squashed by starting my Masters program this June. It is a bit of a drive from Alaska to get there. Maybe next year?

Pink

Bamboo said:
Is anybody else from Ottawa planning on going? I don't have a car, so I'll probably be taking a Greyhound or something, unless somebody is offering rides (I'd help with gas, obviously)

I'm going to try to go, but alas no car here. Greyhound all the way. Toronto is sooooo much easier for me because my sister lives there so I would have somewhere to stay.

Ohhh, this would be a fun road trip! And, I have a Van!!! Would totally love to go and carpool some fellow locals.

That being said, our van is iffy these days so will be getting a new one in the next few months... just unsure of when. Also, it depends on the weekend it is planned for. Will have a better idea in 2-3 months.

Unfortunately, most of my plans are made last minute. Will have to follow this thread... :)

So any location suggestions since you chose "other"? That's kind of thepoint of that option :p
Asheka said:
I said other and chose the furthest Saturday but it really just depends on schedule by then and if I can hitch a ride :D

Moon said:
So any location suggestions since you chose "other"? That's kind of thepoint of that option :p
Asheka said:
I said other and chose the furthest Saturday but it really just depends on schedule by then and if I can hitch a ride :D

urm...TO is pretty close although London is much closer for me...There needs to be a "comment" only option lol

smmmiley said:
Ohhh, this would be a fun road trip! And, I have a Van!!! Would totally love to go and carpool some fellow locals.

That being said, our van is iffy these days so will be getting a new one in the next few months... just unsure of when. Also, it depends on the weekend it is planned for. Will have a better idea in 2-3 months.

Unfortunately, most of my plans are made last minute. Will have to follow this thread... :)

If you do end up doing it this way I would love to carpool with you. It would be so much easier, and I could help with gas so cheaper. :D

Back