Rat play pen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollieanddexter

Hi guys, currently I'm using the bathroom as free time but it gets abit awkward and it's not the warmest room with winter closing in.

Wondering if there's any cheap ways to make a diy play pen that I could using in the lounge so it's warmer and I can get even more free roam time as I could do paper work as well as supervise them.
Thanks all

Cloroplast sheets connected with stick on Velcro or cable ties (zip ties). Panels need to be at least 3 feet high so no one can jump out.
The great thing is it can be left up or taken apart easily, depending on how you connect the panels.
you can also make it as large or small as you want and if large, then you can get in it

When I had an apartment I lined the walls with panels and my entire living room was their play pen (all electrical appliances etc were outside the chloroplast panels,
and their cage was in the living room so they had access when they were out playing and could go in and out when they wanted to during their play time.

If you have the money, the martins large play pen, powder coated is amazing - the only bad thing is you cant fit into it with them

PLEASE see this link ..... it contains info plus several pictures of both my martins play pen and my play area ..... unfortunately changes to this site have made it so I can no longer easily transfer the pictures to this thread :( so posting a link ... Enjoy :)

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32723&highlight=playpen

Last edited:
Back