rat food in canada

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sayuri

Hello!

I just recently adopted two young boy rats from my humane society and cannot seem to find rat food ANYWHERE. All my pet stores here sell Kaytee and pelleted food that's for ''all rodents''. Right now I'm feeding them Blue dog food with lower protein and fruit and veggies, etc. I want to find some lab blocks (harlan teklad, oxbow regal rat, etc) but every site I go to won't ship to Canada.

Any one know where I can order it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Sayuri

sayuri said:
Hello!

I just recently adopted two young boy rats from my humane society and cannot seem to find rat food ANYWHERE. All my pet stores here sell Kaytee and pelleted food that's for ''all rodents''. Right now I'm feeding them Blue dog food with lower protein and fruit and veggies, etc. I want to find some lab blocks (harlan teklad, oxbow regal rat, etc) but every site I go to won't ship to Canada.

Any one know where I can order it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Sayuri

Where are you located in Canada?

I've bought from both flower town and Montreal critters, both are extremely good places to buy from. Montreal Critters have a flat rate shipping which is nice.

there is Excrusion for hamsters if you cant find anything and that is at petsmart. Petsmart also sells oxbow regal rat.

The Globals here can't order Regal Rat because it's not in their distribution warehouses.

Many Pet Valus in Ontario do not sell animals, they are independent franchises that share a distribution network and it's up to each individual owner if they'll sell animals.

victoria said:
The Globals here can't order Regal Rat because it's not in their distribution warehouses.

Many Pet Valus in Ontario do not sell animals, they are independent franchises that share a distribution network and it's up to each individual owner if they'll sell animals.

I think it depends on where in Canada she is. :)

victoria said:

Thanks for the info Victoria, I wasn't aware of that.
I guess, as Lilspaz68 mentioned, it varies depending upon where people live.

in Kitchener, petsmart has oxbow. and you can also order it in if you go to C.B.'s pet food in Kitchener. I have no problem finding that, its just I cant find the Harlan Teklab :(

Thanks so so much for the replies guys!

I live in Saskatchewan and will certainly check out flower chinchilla and montreal critters. It's funny, I use montreal critters for my rabbit's cardboard houses and didn't even think to try there for rat food :wallbang: .

The petsmart here didn't have any oxbow and they're rude so I didn't want to ask them if they could order it (lol). Never heard of Global, we don't have many pet supply stores here; just normal pet stores.

Thanks so much your the help guys, my ratties appreciate it!

Sayuri

Back