Rat clothes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Some of you know my babies are quite spoiled. So today I'm surfing the internet, being rather bored at work, to see if I can come up with new hammock idea since the destructo 7 are chewing things at a rapid pace. I have tomorrow off so I figure its time to pull out the sewing machine and fabric. I'm surfing etsy.com and come across this http://www.etsy.com/shop/PenelopesClose ... -info-name isn't it the cutest thing ever...... She makes clothing for rat's - this might just be my answer to how I'm going to get them halloween costumes if I don't have time to make them.... :laugh4:

I REALLY am not into dressing pets

but

I want a ladybug and a bee costume!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wow! Her work is nice!

you've given me some great ideas! I like capes hats&tutu's as the can easily put them on&take them off themselves, anyone who didn't like me dressing mine got to watch them dress themselves, I never force them. I love the apron dress style idea! I am very much thinking a mr fibble from red dwarf check dress. it would still look cape-ish w/out a belt/ribbon but I think they'd enjoy having more/other options. they bicker over hats for holiday pictures&have a few favorite capes so im excited by the idea. the hats are darling. when you yours, pictures please! (I need someone more comfortable w/technology to scan all my pics, im a film gal) have fun

Its a really nice idea and some lovely designs but I'd only ever put clothes on my ratties if I knew they were relaxed enough wearing it (which I doubt they would) you'd need an extra chilled relaxed rattie.
Thank you for sharing, good luck with the hammock making. :thumbup:

The Christmas scarfs I put on the boys for a pics wasn't too bad and they might go for an outfit, but there is no way the little guys will - maybe Peanut he is laid back.. but those outfits are so darn cute.., but too pricey for me plus I have boys and they wouldn't like those dresses...

oh I love the scarves! for boys try capes, loose flowing but masculine. or pose them in hats. or next to hats. I see scarves in our future too. I plan to dig into my fabric bag&see what I can make. some of my rats have clothes they wont wear so I dress the big rat cat toys&they pose atop them too. got a amusing pic of a flashing eyed dressed cat toy being "dominated" ;) mine are hyper but like to dress up, no mellow rats here. they like being lavished w/attention&the "photo shoots" we have. if a friend snaps a pic on a phone they are all trying to do things to get the sole attention of the flash. hyper rats dress up too, sometimes.

The most I've ever done is bandannas and bows, these are adorable! I feel like my rats would just chew them up though, they chew everything. :D

She has donated a few items to our events in the past. She's got some really cute stuff. Outfits for every holiday. :)
I tried making a simple butterfly and a ladybug out of felt for my rats (in the days before digital cameras were common) and, well, one rat wasn't having any of it. The other didn't seem too fond of it. So I gave up as I didn't want to torture them! (I had hoped to be unique at one of the pet store Halloween events, but....)

Back