Rat can't walk, just laying on his side -Rest well my Jasper

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read your reply regarding all the good things you remember about Jasper, and it made me smile. It made me smile because, despite your pain, you know you made a difference for him. Who else would have cared so much about his inner ear infection or anything else other than a loving rat parent like yourself. You made ALL the difference in the world for that little guy. If he could speak to you right now, he'd say 'thank you; thank you for loving me, for caring so much about me, for being the one who saw that I had a great life while on earth'. And that, sincerely, is something that should make your heart sing, despite the pain and grief.

Your little one just stepped out of a body that wasn't working for him anymore; he was ready and you were strong enough to help him with what he was ready to do. He is fine in spirit, always with you, and always loving you. Let your grief and tears come as they need to do; then start focusing on all the joy and positive stuff that you brought to Jasper, and him to you; let that joy carry you through the grief.

Whatever decision you make regarding future rats will be what you need to do at that time. You may need to wait a few years and take a breather. Or, you may be guided to another little one or two who catches your heart.

I know I'll be grieving over my two little girls one day, as I have over all the others, but I also know that I am SO glad to have been able to ensure they've had loving, good lives on this earth; to me, that is worth the pain of the grief, however, I can only speak for myself. I may, indeed, take a breather myself and wait a few years. Or not; I guess I'll only know when that time comes. But whatever the decision, I'll know it's the right one for that moment and go with it. Just follow your heart; if it feels right, it is right.

Please know that your dear Jasper is always with you; he has simply changed form; he will never leave you. :heart:

Back