Rat cage examples?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mel_V

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had pics of their rat cages? I’m looking for some ideas to make my boys’ cage more fun and interesting for them and I just love seeing everyone’s cages for some reason lol. Just curious

There are lots of examples in the habitat section ……. and there are some links to threads in the (read Only) Reference Thread which you may want to look at https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

Here is a picture of one of my cages, taken awhile ago.
There are 2 tubes hung on the back wall on the other side of the hammocks that go from one balcony to the other (cage is 6 feet long)
Cage looks a bit empty ...

I no longer use the chew logs because they are made with honey, this makes rats think they are food and some rats will eat them ..... this has caused rats to die when their intestines became blocked by the sawdust etc used in the logs.

My cage 2015.jpg

Last edited:
There are lots of examples in the habitat section ……. and there are some links to threads in the (read Only) Reference Thread which you may want to look at https://www.ratshackforum.com/threads/reference-thread-read-only.35894/

Here is a picture of one of my cages, taken awhile ago.
There are 2 tubes hung on the back wall on the other side of the hammocks that go from one balcony to the other (cage is 6 feet long)
Cage looks a bit empty ...

I no longer use the chew logs because they are made with honey, this makes rats think they are food and some rats will eat them ..... this has caused rats to die when their intestines became blocked by the sawdust etc used in the logs.

View attachment 11772
Awesome cage! Thank you for the link and switching to alternative chews, you definitely love your rats ❤️ Love the use of exercise balls as beds great idea

thanks
….. some people have concerns about using the exercise balls as toes can get caught in the slits,
I put padding into the balls and so far I have not had any problems.

thanks
….. some people have concerns about using the exercise balls as toes can get caught in the slits,
I put padding into the balls and so far I have not had any problems.
Probably won’t ever come across an exercise ball , but if I do I’ll do research on doing that

Back