R.I.P. Benecio del Ratto

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatsRGods

My bubba, Benecio, died on March 5th.
This is my 5th rat that has died and, I swear, it never gets any easier.

He was really, really, really special to me. Benecio was such a lovable, crazy boy. He LOVED to eat like no other rat I've ever seen. From the very beginning he established himself as the "alpha male" of the pack. He had a shining, exuberant personality. I know this may seem a bit extreme to be saying about "a rat", but you obviously never met Benecio.

My favorite memory of Bebe is "the cheese blintz incident". Last summer I made this cheese blintz that I didnt really care for, so I put it on a plate for my rats to eat. Silly me, I didn't cut the blintz up, thinking that my ratties would be gentlemen and eat the blintz like respectable rodents. Well, Mr. Benecio del Ratto grabbed one end of the blintz and started running with it- fast! Mind you, the blintz was bigger than he was! I started to chase after him but he out ran me and went into my closet behind some boxes. I swear, it was like a slow motion scene in a movie. Me: "Noooooooo! Benecioooooo! Come baaaaack!" I never did find that blintz!

Bebe, I will miss your little rat feet and your whiskers the most. I hope I made your little ratty life as happy as possible, I tried. And if there is a heaven, I hope you are up there eating from an all-you-can-eat buffet filled with avocado's and yogurt drops. I love you, bub- my sweet boy!

kisses.jpg

Your love radiates beyond my monitor. Everyone feels grief when they lose a pet, but some feel real loss, I can hear you do. I'm sorry :cry:

RatsRGods said:
He had a shining, exuberant personality. I know this may seem a bit extreme to be saying about "a rat", but you obviously never met Benecio.
Do you know who you're talking to here? It was our loss not to meet Benicio. We'd have loved him even if he wasn't so special, but moreso because he was.

Do you have a picure of your boy you can post?

I am so sorry to read about your loss of Benecio. He sure was a special ratty. None of us here have any problem understanding that he had such a strong personality.

I saw your other thread about the circumstances of his death, which makes your loss even more painful.

Please accept the sympathy from all of us here. You are right that it never gets any easier.

I actually wrote that little piece about Benecio and posted it for my myspace page, so the part about justifying "just a rat" was not meant for the people in this forum. Because you all know how special ratties are!

Here are some pics of my boy:
bebe.jpg

Benecio is on the left:
boyz.jpg

triange.jpg

This is my fav pic of Bebe (on the far right)
myboys.jpg

And then- me & Bebe having a moment :)
kisses-2.jpg

I'm very sorry for your loss. They say that time heals all wounds but I don't think that "they" ever owned a rat. These little dears stay in your heart always, especially the truely special ratties like Bebe. I'm very sorry for your great loss of a great friend. :hugs: to you

Back