Quicksilver March 11 2013 - April 30 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodlebutts

tumblr_n4vsmbRPN61rlba91o3_500.jpg

Quicksilver ~ March 11 2013 - April 30 2014

I don’t really know where to start this. Quicksilver was a very quiet rat, and a lot of the time he got passed over for bouncy Logan, kissy Jasper or sweetie Greyson. He never complained, never started a fight (though he got picked on a bit before his snip), and the only time I can think of him being bad is when he tried to pull my finger into the cage because I had something really yummy (nutella is rat crack). That doesn’t mean that he wasn’t sweet though, he loved to give cuddles and the occasional kiss though he liked chewing nails the most. He loved feathers and would chase them around the room and spin circles when I put it on his bum.

This quiet rat was a lot of people’s favorites, and he was the one they were drawn too the most. He fell asleep on my boyfriend’s mum the first time she met the rats and he won her over completely. Maybe its because he was my little snowball. My pew pew pew that loved everyone, even if he had never met them before. He even made a lot of people more comfortable around red eyed rats/animals. (I blame his irresistible cloudy-ness for that, no one can fight the rex fur)

Silver was one of my first two rats, and he was with me for just over a year. He really changed something for me too. I never really liked pews, or dumbos and I thought that I only wanted super interactive rats. But there is something special about the little cloud rats, and that’s exactly what he was. He floated (cough galloped cough) around the room, doing his own thing until he saw you and then he booked it over for some scritches and belly rubs. It was fun to watch him meander around the room, or go for a spin on the ‘poop wheel’. He lived his life as he chose, maybe a little dazed looking until food or out time came around, but he was always so happy to see anyone or chew a new hammock (tubes are best).

I noticed the lump on silver on march 16th, four days after his birthday. He had surgery to try and help it because it wasn’t acting like a ZGT on the 10th of april. He was helped over the bridge on the 30th of april.

I love you, my rexie pew. I’ll remember you every time I see the clouds.

What a sweet, beautiful rattie. It sounds like he both gave and received a ton of love. :(

oh I meant what 'noodlebutts' wrote about her rat, sorry. I love the drawing too 'Sheldon's person', very detailed and what a sweet thing to do!

I'm so sorry he was only in your life for a year. He looks like he would have been hard to resist! Safe travels to the Bridge little cloud!

Thank you everyone for saying the nice things <3 And thank you Sheldon for drawing my boy!! I love it so much :D

He was super special. Definitely one of those rats that sneak quietly into your heart. I'm just glad his brother and friends are okay and not stressed by his passing.

Noodle, I just saw your memorial to Quicksilver and you are right (as well as the others who commented on him), something about that photo of him just stole my heart.

Something in his eyes, as Lilspaz mentioned, in addition to your wonderful descriptions about the kind of boy he was...it all fits: Quiet, floating around like a cloud, but loving people..he really touched me.

I stared at his picture for the longest time and got teary eyed. I can tell he was a very special boy to you and a very beautiful and sweet faced boy at that. I would have fallen in love with him too, in a flat second. Actually, I think I already DID fall in love with him, the second I saw that photo.

I am so very sorry he has left and I send you my condolences. That photo is just so beautiful. He looks like a gentle angel. Sheldon's drawing was just wonderful and what an amazing tribute to see.

Rest peacefully sweet Quicksilver and float with the clouds at the Bridge. You will be remembered always. :flowers3:

Back