Questions! I'm new to this :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamBO

So I think I may have mentioned in my intro that my good friend breeds her rats and I've been helping and learning from her. now she has a new litter and three of them can't find homes just yet. Their just the cutest things and I've seen that there are many of you that live in canada here. which brings me to my question, if I were interesting on posting on the forum to see if anyone is interesting in adopting these beauties how would I go about doing so, Or is it even okay if I do... :S

Didn't know where to post this, hope this is okay. hope to get some answers soon :)

Rats needing homes are posted in the rescue section.
However, since this is a rescue based forum, people are not allowed to post about purposely bred rats needing homes.
Just rescues, rehoming, "pet store surprise litters", and accidental litters.

Great that you asked instead of just posting them.

The forum is rescue oriented and does not condone breeding. Purposefully bred litters are not allowed to be advertised here, nor are breeders allowed to advertise their operations.

I'm not surprised your breeder friend is having a hard time finding homes for the rats she bred. There are far too many people breeding rats without having homes lined up beforehand (a criterion considered essential to responsible breeding of any species) in Montreal and add that to the recession, the amount of surprise pet store litters people end up with, and moving day coming up shelters and rescues like the SPCA are overrun and there are not enough good homes to fulfill the need.

Back